Stealing Adam Banks

~BOMBAY POV~

"That tie of yours might be what you need to make the play-offs." Hans tells me.

"The Ducks have a shot at the play-offs?" I asked.

"Everyone but the last two teams are in. The Panthers got the measles and they forfeited the season." he said pointing at his board. "So you beat the Huskies and you make the play-offs."

"Or we might have to play the Hawks." I mumbled.

"So?"

"So their a tough team." I tell him. "Nothing's changed since I've played."

"Actually one little thing has changed." Hans tells me. "You wouldn't even be a Hawk now."

I glance at him confused as he continues.

"They re-drew the district lines last year.The lake is not the boundary any more. You see? You'd be a Duck."

"I'd be a Duck." I say in realization.

🏒 🏒 🏒

"Excuse me. Coach Reilly." My lawyer says.{A/N: I'm going to call his lawyer Jeff, because I don't really want to say "The lawyer" over and over again.}

"Yeah?" Reilly says.

"There's a bit of a problem." Jeff continues. "It seems one of your players is ineligible."

"Banks!" Reilly calls out.

~ADAM POV~

I took my helmet and skated over. I was confused when I saw Guy's Coach there.

"This has got to be a joke."

"I'm afraid its no joke."

"Is there a problem Coach Reilly?" Dad asked.

See Aidan was wrong. Dad does care.

"Oh, no, no, no, no. Its just a mistake." Reilly told him.

"Are you this boys father? 415 North Hem Avenue, is that your address?"

"Yes."

"Well then I'm afraid there's no mistake. This boy is playing for the wrong team."

"What?" I asked.

"According to league rules this boy should be playing for District-5. My son is a Hawk." Dad tells the man. "Not a Duck."

What did he care? He never showed up at home anyway!

"Is this your doing Gordon?" Reilly asked.

"I'll expect to see him at our next game." The Ducks Coach said. "We'll have a uniform waiting for you."

"No way!" I protested.

"My son would rather not play, then play for your team."

I quickly whipped around to look at dad. I'd rather play for the Ducks then never play again!

"Fine, if that's the way you want it. But remember, if Adam plays for the Hawks, he'll have to forfeit every game for the rest of the season. Boy, I'd hate to see that." 

I stood in shock as the Duck Coach walked away.

~BOMBAY POV~

I walk away with a smirk on my face leaving Jeff behind with a fuming Reilly, an angry father and a shocked Adam.

"Sorry this had to happen," Jeff tells them. "But you can see here on the map that its very clearly delinted."

As I was walking towards the exit I heard footsteps following behind me.

"Gordon." Reilly calls. "Hey! Bombay you stop when I'm talking to you, son."

I finally turn around to meet Reilly's glare.

"What's the idea here? You trying to sabotage me or what?" He asked.

"Laws a bitch when its working against you isn't it Jack." I tell him emphasizing his name. "Look you got a whole team full of Banks's one kid isn't going to make a difference."

"Even with Banks, what do you think your going to prove? You and that, bunch of loser's." He asked.

"That's right coach. They are a loser's and we hate loser's don't we? They don't even deserve to live." I tell Jack sarcastically, not knowing Jesse and Peter were listening. "Maybe your right. Maybe Banks won't make a difference.But at least we're playing by the rules."

"Why'd you turn against me Gordon?" Reilly questioned. "For six years, I taught you how to skate, I taught you how to score, I taught you how to go for the W. You could have been one of the greats! And now look at your self. You're not even a has been, you're a never was."

With one final look he stormed back to the game.