63

I can't believe I forgot to go talk to Zane when I got done with Alexa and Layla. When I walked into the house I could smell Talia in the kitchen and the pizza ingredients, plus I could hear her cursing. So I figured I'd go ahead and help her make the pizza.

"Heyyy..." I say as I give him an awkward smile.

"I'm so sorry I didn't come see you as soon as I was done with the girls. I had told Talia I'd help her make a pizza. And when I first came in I could smell her in here trying to make it, and cursing a lot so I ended up in here helping her. I was actually just about to come find you." I plaster the biggest apologetic smile I can onto my face.

He walks over to the fridge as I'm talking to him, opening it up and grabbing a bottle of water out.

"It's okay, honestly I got a little busy and just got free. I came down here for a drink, but I'm glad I found you. Let's go up to our room so we can talk."

Our room?

"Okay... but why not your office?"

"I'd rather not chance us being disturbed while we talk." He says as he opens the water bottle and takes a swig.

Oh fuck...

"Okay." I give a tight lipped smile.

I follow him up to our room, wondering what he wants to talk about the entire time. I push down my nerves and keep a straight face though, I don't want him knowing I'm nervous about this. I mean I could be overreacting, it could be nothing.

Right?

When we finally make it to our room, Zane shuts and locks the door. He then heads over to the bar area and pours himself a glass of scotch. He looks to me with a raised brow, asking if I want a drink. I shake my head no as I take a seat on the couch.

He comes and sits beside me, taking a long drink from his glass before letting out a sigh. He runs his empty hand through his hair before pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Okay, just spit it out already." I say, unable to deal with the anticipation any longer.

He looks at me slightly surprised but a smirk crosses his lips briefly. He nods his head as he sits his glass on the coffee table.

"I suppose you're right. No reason to prolong this any longer." He says as he turns to face me.

I sit up straighter, square my shoulders and lift my chin. Preparing for whatever he's about to throw my way. I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what he wants to tell me, or talk about. But so far I've come up with nothing.

He stands up and starts pacing in front of me. I stand up and get in front of him, I place my hands on his shoulders making him stop.

"Just tell me." I stare him in the eyes.

He lets out a huff "You've been challenged for Luna position."

What?!

"What?!"

"Remember the girl from the party the other night?"

"You mean the Alphas daughter that I had to teach a lesson?" I ask and he nods his head yes.

"What about her?" I say with more venom in my voice than I meant to.

"Well... her grandfather is a member of the council and she was granted permission to challenge you." He looks nervous and I just start laughing.

When I finally calm down I notice he still looks nervous "Why do you look nervous? You know damn well she won't win."

He lets out a sigh while running a hand through his hair "I know that. I'm nervous because of what I have to ask of you."

This makes me freeze. What he has to ask of me? It better not be to let the bitch win.

"And what's that?" I ask him.

"Please, just don't kill her." His eyes plead with me as he talks.

I scoff "I spared Giselle because of Felix. Why should I spare this bitch?"

"Because if you kill her it would mean war between our packs. I know it would be within your rights to kill her, but it wouldn't matter to her father or grandfather. And the last thing we need is another battle on our hands."

Damn it... He has me there...

I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest "Fine, I won't kill her. But I will make sure she wishes she had never challenged me."

He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me to him and gives me a seductive smile "That's what I'm counting on."

"So when is this challenge?" I ask as I put my lock my hands together behind his neck.

"In one week." He tells me.

Just as I'm about to say something else my phone dings, telling me I have a text. I pull my phone out and see it's from Talia, a video.

KCs reaction! I can't wait to watch!

I decide to mind-link Talia 'Can I let Zane watch the video with me?'

Thankfully she isn't blocking people and responds quickly 'Yeah, KC knows now it's fine. But don't let him tell anyone else yet!'

'I'll tell him not to, thank you!' I end our link.

Zane is giving me a curious look. Probably wondering who I was linking right now.

"You have to watch this with me!" I grab his hand and pull him to the couch with me.

I push him down on the couch and sit on his lap. I sit sideways though so he can see the phone screen too. I pull the video up and hit play.

Talia must've had her phone propped up on something because it's facing their coffee table and couch. The pizza box is sitting on the coffee table, and you can hear Talia and KC walking into the room.

"Mmm, pizza smells good." KC says as he sits on the couch.

Talia just smiles and nods her head "You go ahead and get your slice first." She tells him.

He doesn't think anything of it, even though Talia is usually a pizza fiend. He flips the lid open and starts to reach for a slice before he pauses. He pulls his hand back and stares at the pizza for a moment. Then he starts looking between the pizza and Talia, his eyes getting wider and actions getting more frantic. Finally he jumps up off the couch.

"Is this for us? Is this our pizza? Do you know what this says? Is this true? What are.." he starts rambling.

Talia stands up and places both her hands on his face "Yes, it's our pizza. You're going to be a daddy!" Her face lights up as she tells him, and his does the same.

He picks her up and spins her around before sitting her down and getting down on his knees. He lifts the bottom of her shirt gently and kisses her belly.

"Hello little one, daddy can't wait to meet you." He tells her belly while rubbing it softly.

I can see tears in both their eyes and I'm sure I have some in mine at this point. Then the video cuts off. I look at Zane who has a cheerful look on his face as well.

"Good for them, they deserve it." He says.

"We can't tell anyone else yet." I tell him.

He just smiles and nods at me, then pulls me in for a kiss.

Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
More Votes = More chapters
Also... I love getting comments ;)