Chapter 1: Things Fall Apart

y/n pov

IVE DECIDED, to head to the kamado household since I and tanjiro were great friends and the same can be said for our family, While I was going there. I assumed he was going to go sell charcoal because I and tanjiro have done it together since we were young.

I wasn't planning to tell the kamado family about my family's death thinking it was better if they'd didn't know. If u were wondering what I was wearing It was an all-black hakama (the clothes kokushibo wears but all black) the sleeves just long enough to cover my whole arm, with my hair in a ponytail and my father's earrings. I didn't bring my father's katana but rather to his grave also some flip flops with white socks.

I was finally in view of the kamado household to see a bloody sight I quickly went to go check their pulses but all of them were dead with the expectation of Tanjiro and Nezuko who were gone.

Outside, footprints were leading to a village where Tanjiro usually goes to sell his charcoal. I ran following the footprints it leads to a side of a mountain that was very steep and the footprints seem to end, I look down to see a black-haired guy holding nezuko and a katana near her neck.

Tanjiro was a view yards away from them but he has a hatchet you kept behind his back. He ran at them threw the hatchet at the same time as passed a tree he pretended he was holding the hatchet while running towards the guy just to be knocked out by his katana.

Nezuko broke free of his grip and ran towards Tanjiro who was now laying on the floor taking the random male by surprise. I've taken noticed she has fangs one of the features of a demon.
Y/n: 'Nezuko is a demon now it seems'

Nezuko ran and jumped towards the male just to be chopped in the neck losing her consciousness.

I swiftly jump down and run towards him surprising the black-haired male, "who are you" he asked while pointing the tip of his katana towards me.

I stayed silent and turned my gaze towards the male with an emotionless face. As soon I looked at him I saw his organs, I wasn't surprised by this as this happened many times, my father said he didn't know what it was and thought I was joking, I've never brought up the topic again.

I waited for him to blink for me to take the chance to grab the hatchet and attack him with it, The air was becoming thick. Neither of us moved an inch but he slipped by closing his eyes.

In a blink of an eye, I've grabbed the hatchet and appeared behind him with the hatchet near his neck, his heart was beating much faster than before.

He swung his sword towards me but I just easily dodged it as he jumped back to safety, He seemed to have a face of shock.

With that Tanjiro woke up instantly grabbing his sister that was laying unconscious next to him.

~~~
We've learned the male's name was Giyu Tomioka and he sent us to a mountain named Sagiri and find a man named Sakonji Urokodaki.

I've learned that Tanjiro's family was killed on the same night as mine. I thought it was better if I told him about my family's death.
~~~

It was now night and we'd made it to a temple with the lights on my vision suddenly changed and saw a demon eating corpses, Tanjiro smelt it and ran towards the temple with me following behind.

Tanjiro opened the sliding doors to see the demon eating the bodies. "If you break into my territory, I'll make you pay!" the demon said changing his direction towards us.

He got up and pushed Tanjiro out the porch with Tanjiro cutting his neck, The demon wound healed and tackled Tanjiro to the ground.
"You won't get me twice! and now I'm gonna snap your neck"

I quickly cut the demon's head off with tanjiro's hatchet hitting the tree, the body started to move with Nezuko kicking it somewhere else.

time skip

We've trapped the demon on the tree and also a man with a tengu mask appeared making tanjiro kill off the demon which he didn't.

As the sun was rising I grapped Nezuko and headed her inside where she'll be protected by the sunlight.

I was giving her headpats as she seemed to be enjoying it I stopped myself when I heard a smack outside.

I saw that the masked man was the one who smacked tanjiro, "You're too slow, you must learn to make decisions quickly," He continued his quote for tanjiro until he said we had to follow him.

-cut-

As we were following him Tanjiro seems to be struggling behind I was about to go help until the masked man told me not to.

We soon later arrived at his home with the night coming we headed towards the top of the mountain he wanted us to get back to his home.

I quickly ran towards the mountain dodging every trap, the training was rather easy but I could hear see tanjiro struggling using the transparent vision.

I arrived at Urokodaki's house soon later Tanjiro came as well.

end

I was thinking to skip the training and the next chapter would just be the final selection what do you guys think?