🏵️ Chapter 47🏵️: Guilt doesn't matter... Does it?

{Dure's P.O.V}

"Thank you so much father, for releasing my wife". I gratefully said to my father, who was smoking his tobacco pipe. He huffed the smoke in the air, and took his mug of beer, chugged it all down without stop until he had gulped it all down.

"I should be the one thanking you, for getting that land in Dubai. According to what I heard, the construction of the Casino has started, right?" Father asked me before putting his tobacco pipe back in his mouth.

"Yes, it has father. And we have five major shareholders already". I replied him, as I poured more beer into his mug.

"How exactly did you get to turn the situation around in your favor in just a short while?" Father asked, huffing smoke in the air with each word he said. I sat down on the chair beside him.

"Each of our major shareholders are our regular customers who are addicted to our drugs. Even though, I don't know how they've been able to balance their addict life and their normal life the way they did but ever since our major business had to temporarily shut down, they've been going crazy looking for it. So they all came to meet me, and I told them the situation. One of them happens to be a minister in Dubai. So I discussed our issues with him and he decided to give me the land I needed in exchange for a large cartel of opium. Each of them invested, all in exchange for a large Cartel of opium". I replied him.

"So it had nothing to do with Eleanora's scandal?" Father asked me, using his middle finger and his index finger to hold the tobacco pipe in place.

"Oh, about that..." I trailed off, when there wasn't a proper excuse or explanation to give. I couldn't tell him that I did that so I could have a legal reason to divorce the nation's Princess.

"I know about everything. I know how deep your feelings for your wife, Tina, is. I know how hard all this has been on you. Putting the company first before everything, I know it all. And I really do appreciate you, son. I shouldn't have made things hard on you but some steps are necessary if we need to get things done". Father said and for a moment, I was deceived by his 'sincereity'.

"Now that we got the lands we need and our old business blooming, it's time to take the next step". He said, as he stood to his feet and got himself whiskey.

"And what's that next step, father?" I asked him, even though I knew what he would say.

"Elimination. Remember  when you asked me why I can't eliminate some people?... That's because they still have their use. I can't eliminate stakeholders because of course, they are still very useful to me... You treat people according to their use, son. If their death is useful to you, then go ahead.  If not, you shouldn't" He paused as he took his seat once again, pouring whiskey into the glass he just used for beer. Then he settled back in with that glass of whiskey in his hand.

"My point is, the Andrews are no longer of use to us. After going through so much for that land, there has still been no progress-"

"I'm still working on that, father. I'll try-"

"Since they won't let us have it, then no one will".  He completed his statement before sipping out of his whiskey.

  I wasn't expecting father to agree so soon to the elimination of Green, but it makes things easier for me. The only thing I don't understand is...

"Green has been a thorn in our flesh. A terrible one at that. If we don't finish him now, he'll end up finishing us". Father said, his old eyes focused on me, as I read the message in his eyes.

Make no mistake this time. Was what his eyes were telling me.

"Yes father. I will handle him. Don't worry". I assured him.