20

THE DAYS felt as though they'd never end. I hadn't been returning Delia's messages, or answering her calls. I didn't have the guts to tell her that I was pregnant. It would mean the end for us, before we even had a beginning.

I sighed, as I sat in the breakroom, trying to force myself to drink some milk. Google said that I needed to drink at least three glasses of milk everyday, to ensure adequate amounts of calcium during pregnancy. I was on my first glass, barely able to get through half of it.

Now I'm craving Chinese. Grabbing my phone, I unlocked it, and tapped on the search engine. I typed in can I eat Chinese while pregnant?

"You seem busy," my phone almost slipped out of my hand, and onto the floor. I felt all the blood rush to my toes when I saw Delia standing in front of me.

"Uh, what are you doing here?"

She frowned and pressed her lips together, "I'm here to see my lawyer," right, or maybe she's here because she wants an excuse to see me. My heart fluttered. Does she really like me that much?

"Okay, her office is—"

"I know where her office is, Alyssa," she forced a smile, causing my chest to tighten, "but thanks. I guess I'll see you around."

"Wait!" I raised my hand, and walked over to her. I felt unnecessarily nervous, "I've just been in my head lately. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I understand that you don't want this—pretty loud and clear actually," I reached for her hand, and held it with both of mine.

"There's something I haven't told you."

"That you're straight?" She raised a brow, "you did tell me, but I didn't want to believe it," my throat had never felt so dry before. I wanted to tell her that I thought about her everyday, and that meeting her opened a whole new world inside of me. But I couldn't open up my heart in the middle of the place that I worked.

"I like you, Delia."

"Really? You really have a way of showing it," she exclaimed in disbelief. I looked around, hoping no one was looking.

"Is Brenda ready for you?"

She shook her head, "she's running late. Why?"

"Come into my office, so that we can talk," she reluctantly agreed, and followed me.

She closed the door behind us, and I pulled out my best puppy dog eyes, "you have me all to yourself, what else is there to say?" She asked.

"I miss you?" I smiled widely, hoping that it would warm her heart. She took a frustrated breath, and stepped closer to me. Placing her hand on the length of my jawline, she looked into my eyes. Her stare always caught my full attention, and made it hard for me to resist her.

"Why would you ghost me like that?" She rubbed the ridge of my jaw with the pad of her thumb.

"I'm, I'm," just say it, and get it over with, "scared of what this might be," well, that is true, "I've closed myself off over the years—shutting down the urge of codependency," I dropped my eyes, mistakenly falling to her breasts. Swallowing, I took a deep breath, "you make me feel again, and it's... it's—"

"Scary?" I nodded. She lifted my chin, and leaned forward, "you make me feel a lot too. I just can't be with someone who's going to flake on me like that. If you need space, that's fine. But let me know, please?" She placed her other hand in mine, and tightly intertwined our fingers.

Tell her now, else you'll never do it! "I promise," I leaned in even closer, causing our lips to brush together, and the friction between us to electrify the room. As our lips collided, an aching need rushed through me like Hussain Bolt at a marathon. Maybe it was because of my hormones, or maybe, she made me feel so turned on.

"Miss Masters, you're two o' clock is—" when I heard Meggie's voice, with the sound of the door opening, I pulled away from Delia, but not quickly enough.

Meggie stood at the door with widened eyes, as I wiped my lips with the back of my palm. My body felt hot and bothered, and the thumping of my heart caused me to place my hand over my stomach. We'll be okay, Baby.

Meggie shook her head, and slammed the door. I almost thought that she broke it, "and that was?" Delia asked.

"My assistant," I swallowed.

"Oh. Right. So where were we?" Delia placed her hands on my waist, and pulled me into her. Her lips collided with the nape of my neck, and I began to feel weak in the knees.

"Delia, I—"

"You have work, I know," she placed a soft kiss on my lips, and released me. My body immediately missed the warmth and security of her grasp.

"I hope Meg doesn't—"

"Tell everyone?" Is she going to allow me to finish a sentence?

"Yeah, that, and freak out too much. Remember I told you that she has a crush on me?"

Delia cupped my cheek and smiled, "I remember. Are you afraid that she'll tell on you?"

I'm more afraid of telling you that I'm pregnant, "I don't know. It's not something I want to be passed around the office."

"I know, and I'm sorry. I should've secured the knob," she sighed.

"Delia, there's something that I need to tell you."

"Okay. Over dinner? I don't want to be late for my meeting with my lawyer, and I need to get back to my own office to sort out a few things."

"Yeah. It can wait. I better get to my two o'clock."