Chapter Forty-Two

(A/N: Short(680 words), but sweet chapter. The rest of the book is like this. Thanks for reading!)

(Loki's Pov)

She was free. Y/N was free of her curse, never to have to worry about it again. Never to have to worry about whether chancing the moments of her life would come back in any negative way.

Finally.

Loki smiled down at her, engulfing his love in his arms. Seeing Odin could wait. Celebrating this was more important.

"Loki!" A booming voice echoed throughout the library, causing both Y/N and himself to turn and look. So much for their moment. "Ah, there you are brother."

"Thor." Loki acknowledged his presence, Y/N greeting him as well.

"Father would like to see you."

Again with this? Why is it he couldn't find one moment of peace with you in this entire palace?

"We're in the middle of celebrating, you know." Y/N buds in, shooting Thor a quick yet teasing look of annoyance. Which he simply brushed off.

"Celebrating what?"

"I broke my curse!" She shouted, giddy with her newfound freedom. As you should be. You quickly turn to Loki. "Actually, I guess we did it."

"You flatter me, love." Loki whispered, "But you broke your curse all on your own."

Y/N smirked, swinging her entwined hand with his. Their eyes locked, and he knew the inevitable insist-ment. "You should see what the king wants."

"Or... I could show you the gardens." When she sighed, followed by one of Thor's, Loki knew there was no option. One look to his brother told him everything.

"Come, Lady Sigyn. I shall introduce you to my friends!" Thor put a hand around Y/N's shoulders, escorting her to the assumed battle-grounds. When she hesitated, he continued. "You will see your lover again, don't worry."

"Thor!" You both shout at the same time, as his barrels of laughter bounce around the library.

*

Loki arrived to the throne room quickly, wanting to get this over with. Odin was many things, although surprising was not one of them. Suspicious, of course.

"My son." He stated as Loki entered, which he replied a brief 'Father'.

"You wanted to talk to me?"

"Yes. Come closer." Loki listened, striding up the stairs towards the throne. Despite being caught off guard. What topic needed such proximity? Surely it couldn't be bad news, but what good news could he possibly have to give? Yet alone this great to insist Loki stand beside the throne-"Do you love her?"

"Excuse me?"

"Do you love her? The girl you arrived with, Lady Sigyn."

Ah, that topic.

Loki couldn't help the awkwardness that bursted within him, not accustomed with talking about such matters with his father. "I do."

Odin smirked, standing before his son. "Then she shall make an excellent Queen."

What?

"What?"

He chuckled lightly. "Your brother has forfeited the throne, and crown, to you. I tried to give him time to consider, but he said it should have been the choice from the beginning."

Loki couldn't believe it. "King? Me?"

"I realise now it should have always been that way. I am sorry if it appeared if I ever doubted you, my son."

If Loki became King... everything would change. His title, clothes, room, relationships- he would rarely ever leave the realm. His brother would remain the 'prince' forever, and-

Y/N. There was no other person he could ever even think of to be his Queen. To serve by his side.

"Thank you, Father." He couldn't believe it. King? Loki was the crowned prince. He had to tell Y/N. It was too good to be true. Finally having the throne he always wanted.

But now... he still wanted it, but in a different way. Not for control or power, but to be able to truly make good change in this realm. All the realms.

He went to leave, despite stopping short in hesitation. Where had they gone again?

Odin seemed to spot his pause, "The arena, son." Loki spared a nod of thanks, before heading out.

The arena. Now to just steal Y/N away from his oaf-of-a-brother... although after what he's done, perhaps Thor wasn't as oafish as Loki thought. Maybe Thor was simply a hard-headed warrior, instead of the annoying brother Loki used to view him as.