001; 𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐓

┌── •✧• ──┐
𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐓
└── •✧• ──┘

WHO KNEW AFTER YEARS of not seeing each other would brought someone huge built of guilt over the past years

WHO KNEW AFTER YEARS of not seeing each other would brought someone huge built of guilt over the past years. The only older brother she ever had just disappeared at the tip of her fingertips. His laugh and smile she once have adored started to disappear from her memory. The frame that she kept on her room was filled by dust and cob webs from being abandoned as she kept it away from her view.

She could still remember the sad gaze he gave as he tries to explain the situation only for her to lash out in anger, forcing him get out. The letter he made only for her to rip it out into pieces.

She counted.

Seconds. Minutes. Hours. Which turns into days, then into weeks then months only to be turned into years. The occasions he missed. The only brother she admired and needed. The person who filled their father's place in a short amount of time. She was mad. She was tired. Tired of waiting for the time he'll come home with or without their father.

Just a few months, during her academy days. She found out about their father. The man who weren't in the picture, just because he tries to atone his sins by tracking down the threats of the Hidden Leaf. Who knew how much burden it was for him. Sarada was happy. Sasuke trains her every now and then, making her somehow forget about the boy who made her grow to be the girl she is now.

Sasuke and Sakura still kept in touch with their older son who's in overseas. The mother kept numerous pictures the boy sent during his missions, telling many stories in just a few letters. Sakura felt glad that her boy was alright. She knew that she never should underestimate the strength that Shinjuro holds.

Sai would often drop by just to deliver the letters that failed to be sent to the family. Sai, the director of the ANBU would often tell Sakura about Shinjiro's whereabout whenever the woman have time as she often visit the man's wife flower shop.

"Aniki... Where are you..?"

"A-ACK!" Blood spluttered onto his mouth as the enemy sends him a kick on the face once again which he stumble down on the ground "T-tsk! Because of you shinobi. My master is no more" he heard him sneer in hatred.

Four bodies are laid in the ground, suffering from their injuries as blood started pool out, Uchiha Shinjuro is the only man standing against the only inner of the Kara organisation, Code.

"Is it my fault that he's nothing but a weak and pathetic excuse of an Otsutsuki?" He stated causing Code to irk on his statement, quickly crouching down and gave him a punch.

Shinjiro was lifted by the ground; his collar were squeezed by Code who wants to end the boy in the moment, slowly activating his karma, Shinjiro quickly morph his obsidian eyes into the next step. A flowershape was form in the middle as the blood shot red eyes stares right at Code's surprise one "AMATERASU" black flames erupts onto Code's body as the Uchiha escapes from his grasp.

The inner tries to absorb it only for it to burn him faster "Ack—" The boy smirks before dusting his uniform, wiping the blood flowing out from his nose "its nice to see you again" he says before he punched him across the face, forcing him in to a portal unknowingly that made by Karina, who clutched her arm in pain. Code screams and was about lunge himself towards Shinjiro who looks at him dead in the eye before he knew it, the portal closed.

Karina was about to stumble down on the ground when a body catches her swiftly "Thanks.." she murmurs as she leans towards his back, Shinjiro says nothing.

—🦇—

Karina watched as Shinjiro aids their comrades in ease, they're now near the border of the Hidden Leaf, resting their asses on a big tree with a river next to their resting place. Both of them were the only ones awake as the others were still unconscious, the Team was supposed to be back on yesterday but it got delayed by the invasion of Jigen at the Hidden Leaf. That got Shinjiro nervous, just after he received a letter that his father almost died but also the Hidden Leaf got attacked.

It's like he missed the whole thing but he knew it was only the beginning.

"Uchiha-san" Shinjiro looks at Akiro who got woken up, slightly groaning in pain. Shinjiro sighs in relief to see one of them woken up "I'm glad you're awake" he says, reaching the water bottle up towards him. Akiro silently thank him as Karina carefully aid him, leaving Shinjiro in deep thought as he body flickered towards the tree trunk above them "I'll be on watch. Rest. We'll be arriving at the gates tomorrow" he somehow demanded.

Akiro nod "Hai."

A few minutes after, his two members doze off to sleep leaving Shinjiro in daze, whistling in the cold night before a cat climbs up on the trunk, carefully resting on his lap "Do you think.. she'll be all grown up?" He questioned, only for the cat to tilt its head on the side cluelessly.

"Of course she'll be. She's your sister." The cat replied, rolling its eyes and softly slapped Shinjiro cheeks with its tail causing for the boy to scrunch his nose "Aren't you an asshole of a cat" he said in such distaste causing for the cat to smirk in amusement.

"Oh please, Shin-jiro sama~. You're the one who taught me" the cat smile widen made the boy irritated.

"I will hit you."

"You don't have the guts, Shinjiro-sama"

"Try me."

"Right, sorry."

The cat named Kayden sighs as he sees the boy doze off to sleep with his feet dangling in the cold air, a necklace were slightly hanging on his neck with its reflection slightly shining due to the light of the night sky. The cat slightly yawns and started to snuggle beneath the Cape of his master, getting warm and comfortable on his master's arms.

   Back in Konoha, Sarada watches Sakura bringing back the blankets and mattresses on Shinjiro's room. She could see the glint of excitement and happiness on her mother's eyes. The room she haven't glanced for years were opened.

"Mama.?" She calls out making Sakura hum in questioned as the mother patted the mattresses and looks behind her.

"What is it?" She asked.

"What are you doing in... here?" Sarada looks around with a nostalgic feeling. The smell of lavender reaches her nostrils which her eyes slightly widen.

Sakura smile widen with a tear slid down "Shinjiro..." Sarada fingertips grip at the door's doorknob when Sakura whispered.

"He's finally going home"