Chapter seven

"So, any more questions? Or are you done?" Sandy asked, puffing up the pillow behind her. Aithne, Rya and Sandy where laying on the king sized bed in Sandy's room after being kicked out of Elexs.

"Heaps." Aithne replied trying to get her head around everything. Sandy and Rya had explained everything that was going on in the world that Aithne couldn't remember. Apparently the continent that they were currently in (Erasydon) was at war. According to Sandy, there were two major sides to the war. The Keidonia Kingdom and the Varylex Empire. The Keidonia Kingdom was ruled by the royal family, especially king Adarastus, while the Varylex Empire was ruled by the Emperor.
"What's the king like?" Aithne asked, lying down across the bed, her legs dangling off the side.

"Ugh his such a dick." Sandy said. "So is the royal family. He started a fucking war after all." Aithne nodded.
"He sounds like it. Why did he even start the war?" She asked.
"He wants to kill everyone that isn't gifted with powers and abilities. Apparently their not part of the 'elite race'." Sandy frowned. "I don't think the fuckwit realised that to do that he will have to kill half of the population." Aithne sat up.
"Are you guys gifted?" Aithne asked. Sandy rolled her eyes.
"Nope. Well I'm not. That's why dad doesn't want me to leave this Warring compound. My brother is though. So is Rya. But just cause I don't have a super strength or something like that, doesn't mean I can't pack a good punch." Aithne laughed and turned to Rya.
"Your gifted? What can you do?" Rya turned red with all of the sudden attention.
"Uhm, I'm a Electric." She said quietly.
"Oooh that's so cool. What is it?" Sandy laughed.
"Rya will show you, won't you Ry-Ry?" Rya went even more red before slowly getting off the bed.
"This is peer pressure." Rya mumbled, before taking a step away from the bed and holding her hands together as if she were holding a soccer ball. Sandy clapped excitedly while Rya braced her self. After a few seconds, the room started buzzing quietly, and strands of Sandy's hair started rising. Aithne studied Ryas hands closely, noticing little sparks flying from one hand to the other, before disappearing. Soon the sparks got larger, and full on electric strands where shooting from hand to hand.

"Woooow!" Aithne exclaimed. Sandy grinned.
"Ryry can you turn the tv on please." Rya turned to the tv, electric sparks still shooting from hand to hand. She turned her palms upwards, and before Aithne could blink, a blast of electricity shot from Ryas hands promptly hitting the tv which flicked on. The movie Tangled filled the screen, and Sandy chuckled sheepishly, grabbing the remote and turning it off.
"What? It's a good movie! Anyway, Rya you should blow up the trash." Sandy said, pointing to the small trash can next to the door. Rya quickly turned to the trash, blasting some more electricity towards the bin. It hissed before a small explosion lights up the room, ending with the bin on fire.

"Oh wow." Aithne said with her mouth open. "That's awesome." Rya laughed before dropping her hands, the electricity gone. Sandy jumped up and went over to smother the small fire.
"Thanks. I'm still learning to control it." Rya said.
"So do you have a job like Elex or something?" Aithne asked. Rya shrugged.
"Well, sort of. Some of the more experienced Electrics go out and fight in the war- you know, electrocuting people. I'm still learning so I stay back in this compound fixing weapons and stuff. The basics."
"That's still so cool tho." Aithne said and Rya smiled, muttering a quiet thanks.

"So, what is this place?" Aithne asked as Sandy flopped back onto the bed after defusing the mini fire.
"It's called a warring compound." Sandy explained. "The emperor built a bunch of these in the first stage of the war. It's a place for soldiers to camp out when their not fighting. Recently they added a better med section, so now soldiers come here to get patched up as well. That's where Elex works." Aithne nodded.
"So I'm assuming that you are sided with the emperor?" Aithne asked.
"Duh. If I was sided with the king then I would be dead. He wants to kill everyone that doesn't have powers, remember?" Aithne nodded.
"Soo how do you guys get here?" She asked.
"What do you mean?" Sandy raised her eyebrows.
"I mean like, why are you at this warring compound?" Aithne added. Elex had told her earlier that she had been found at the front of the warring compound gates bleeding. No one knew where she had come from.
"Oh. Well my mum died when I was little, so when my dad got assigned here like 10 years ago, he took me and my brother with him. I guess that he thought I was gonna develop powers and be useful, but that never came. So now he keeps me me here locked up." Sandy sighed. "I haven't gone outside in like a year. Ever since we got bombed." Rya patted her back sympathetically, and Sandy's face instantly light up. "But it's fine now cause I have Rya. Ry came like 4 years ago to help with the electric things around this compound. The compound had just got bombed and needed repair, and Ry was meant to go back to the main empire when everything was fixed, but she decided to stay here with me." The two sent each other loving glances, and Aithne grinned.

"That's soo sweet." Aithne said smiling, just as Sandy's phone beeped. She groaned, looking at the message.
"It's dad. He wants me in his office in like 10 mins. Borinnnggg."