14 i miss you like a little kid

i hate you for what you did,
and i miss you like a little kid.
PHOEBE BRIDGERS

CHAPTER 14   BREAD AND MILK

after their little game of 'never have i ever' and devouring the leftover baked cookies, the others had gone asleep. scaramouche and you both remained awake, the boy looking through his phone while you flipped over book pages.

there was an agreeable quietness among them, other than the snoring from venti who rested on the couch and his head laying on aether's leg. then, at that point, xiao and albedo dozing on the floor with pillows.

then there came kazuha, who took up the entire sofa with y/n and scaramouche.

you shut off your book after reaching the ending, obviously, it was only a cliche romance story between a girl and a boy who met in mcdonalds and the boy stole the girl's happy meal. a love story grew between them from there.

you only read romance novels when you were bored with other book genres, and it made you feel single.

scaramouche, who was most likely scrolling through social media with a poker expression on his face while his thumb swiped on his phone, drew your attention.

the bowl-cut individual raised his head and made eye contact with y/n's eyes after he sensed someone was gazing at him. he gave her a perplexed expression as if he wanted to know if something was wrong.

"do you wanna bake a cake with me?"

scaramouche agreed out of boredom, and the two quickly returned to the kitchen. he had no clue why y/n would bake a cake at 2 a.m, especially considering they had school in the morning.

you started by gathering the necessary ingredients, such as flour, eggs, powdered sugar, and so forth. scaramouche, on the other hand, was snatching the bowls, whisk, and tablespoons. fortunately, the noises didn't wake up the sleeping lads in the living room.

"do you know how to bake a cake?" scaramouche questioned, his gaze fixed on your figure as you poured sugar and butter into the mixing bowl.

"my parents used to own a bakery before, and my dad typically teaches me how to bake a cake," you stated briefly as you nodded your head in answer and smiled while you began stirring the ingredients in the bowl.

those were the fondest memories you had with your parents before they died; you wanted to be a baker when you were younger, but now you've decided to pursue a new professional path.

now that you don't want to be a baker, you're not sure what you want to do with your future. you simply have to decide to study hard and you'll figure out what career you want to do along the road.

while you began reminiscing about your childhood with your parents, scaramouche listened closely while he assisted with the baking. he was relieved that you were opening up to him, especially because he was eager to learn more about you.