Boyfriend

[Edited]

Myra's POV

I met the Abhiraj Rajvansh today. I was elated. I mean who wouldn't? Every aspiring businessperson or anyone in the business field, for that matter, looks up to him. 

I'm not an aspiring student anymore but I respect him very much. At a young age, he built his empire from scratch and merged his company with his father's. The Rajvansh Industries and The Abhinandan Hotel chain are the biggest and most successful companies right now, and it is overlooked by the one and only, Abhiraj Rajvansh.

"Why are you grinning like an idiot?" Dixit, my brother asked me, popping my happy bubble.
"Ugh, you just had to ruin my mood." I rolled my eyes.
"That's what elder brothers are supposed to do," he said as he stole one of my strawberries. "Hey! Don't steal my food." I slapped his hands away, but he wasn't fazed. he sat beside me, and we went on to banter about the silliest things. he was out of state due to work, and now that he was home, I want nothing more than for him to disappear. 

"So, why were you grinning like an idiot before?" he asked after we calmed down.                    "Ugh, you still remember," I groaned.                                                                                                                     "Of course, I'm not a lawyer for fun." He said and I slumped on the dining table.

"So...." He poked my head constantly until I sat up.
"You're so annoying," I said.
"So...." He said again.
"Fine, I met Abhiraj Rajvansh today," I said.

--

My ears and mouth both hurt like crazy. I knew he was going to chew my ears off and interrogate me like I did something wrong.
After Pankaj cheated on me, he and dad have taken it upon themselves to make sure no-one of the opposite gender gets close to me. As if their overprotectiveness wasn't bad before, it's even worse now. I'll never get into another relationship at this rate and then I'll have to settle for an arranged marriage. Oh hell no!!!
Ma laughs at their childishness but she doesn't know of my suffering. I'll never get another boyfriend at this rate.
Mom has started pressuring me to find a good man and get married. Settle down and start a family (I know she wants grandchildren to play with). Does she think getting a boyfriend is easy? In this day and age? It's not like I can order one from Amazon and settle down. I wish I could. God doesn't make men like SRK anymore.

And there's dad and brother, they won't let me get a boyfriend in a million years.
This is too much.

Everyone was enraged when they found out Pankaj was getting engaged with Kritika. Diksh almost barged out of the house, intending to beat him up and my father went to prepare explosives (he is a retired Colonel). Mom and Shiv somehow calmed them down, since they won't listen to me since I'm going to their engagement, which was a different struggle altogether.

I sighed. It's been a hectic week. The only thing that's been good was the million-dollar project we got on Wednesday and meeting Abhiraj today.

I lowkey hoped he'd come tomorrow as well, I don't know why, but I had taken a liking towards him. Although, I admired him from the sidelines for so long. Meeting him in person was a different feeling altogether. And he was in casual attire! Gosh, I sound like such a fangirl.

I fanned myself with my hands, this excitement was getting out of hand, and I liked it.It scared me. As much as I said I wanted a boyfriend, I wasn't ready for another relationship, another potential heartbreak. Once was already too much for me to handle I don't think I can handle it a second time.

Girl chill! You're overthinking things. It's just a silly crush-ish feeling. Besides nothing can ever happen between you two. He's practically royalty from your standpoint. He's way out of your league. 

I calmed myself down thinking nothing could ever happen between us and decided to contact Heer.

_

I got out of the shower only to receive a call from Heer.

"Yeah?" I said in a bored tone.
"Babe, you're in trouble, the Japanese envoys are demanding a meeting with the CEO, otherwise they'll close the deal. We'd lose thousands of dollars." She was panicked.
I held my temples. I can't stay incognito for long, but I don't want to go into the spotlight just yet. I want to stay in our cosy home, away from the paparazzi and all that drama. I'll have to resign from my teaching job as well! I can't bear to do so. I knew what was at stake when I decided to pursue the riches of the business world instead to seeing the rights to my game ti a bigger company. 

"Prepare a non-disclosure contract, ASAP!" I said.
All my employees have signed a non-disclosure contract and I have bugs on them.  On the new ones at least. Once I deem them trustworthy enough, my shadow team removes the bugs from them.

"Are you sure? They might get offended." She said.
"I'll take the gamble," I said.
Yeah. I don't want to come into the spotlight just yet.
"How is the designing of the new game going on?" I asked.
"Oh it's fantastic, the public will go crazy when it's launched." Heer enthusiastically said.

We conversed for a while before I hung up. Since I felt too tired to do anything else, I crashed for the night.

_

A/N: I hope I'm doing a good job with the editing. *fingers crossed* 😖

Updated A/N: No you didn't