Just You Wait

[Edited]

Raj and I have developed a strong bond in the past few days. He always drops Meghna off and picks her up. Whenever he gets a chance, he chats with me. We even had lunch together. He helps Meghna and me take care of the flowers after class hours. Despite my repeated protests, he started calling me Mimi.

Tomorrow is my ex's engagement party, and I plan on dropping by to give them a nice gift. I'm not missing out on the chance to fuck with them when they graciously offered it to me. I'm not about to let it go to waste. I'm going to take advantage of this opportunity to the fullest!

I took today and tomorrow off, and Shruti is covering for me. The kids adore her, so there shouldn't be any issues. Meghna and Kavita might be disappointed, but they'll survive.d, but they'll survive.

I walked into the bridal store.
"Hello, ma'am. May I know what you're looking for?" A girl asked me. A part-timer I guess.
"Oh, tomorrow is my best friend's engagement party and I'm looking for something light yet fancy to wear," I said.

"Oh, you've come at the right time. I shall show you our newest collection of sarees and lehengas. I'm sure there'd be something that'll catch your eye.

I looked around and I had to admit they had a good collection of fancy clothes. I was quite pleased with the girl's attitude. She'd go to heights if she's given an opportunity. I got to hire her in my PR team. I thought.

"What's your name?" I asked.
"It's Jyotika." She replied.
"Alright Jyotika, if you ever wish to visit this place you're most welcome to do so," I said as I handed her Heer's card. I always carry her card around, just in case I want to pick up raw talent from the streets.
"How do you know Heer Ahuja?" She asked with sparkly eyes.
"She's my sister my heart," I smiled at her, "now girl, show me some good sarees," I told her.

__

"So, how did it go? Did you find what you looking for? ......Guessing by the bags, I guess you did." Shiv said as soon as I entered the living room.
"Calm down woman, I brought things for you and Diksh as well," I said.
My family hates unnecessary gifts so I always keep in mind to spoil them minimally.
I love gifts, but only from people I love and who love me. So I mostly gift myself. Coz I love me the most.
Some people call me greedy because they think I'm wasting my money instead of giving it away to a good cause
Humph! They're the ones to talk. All of them are all bark no bite. They are the ones who don't want to spend a dime for a good cause, and they tell me. Humph. 

"Why us?" She asked as we sat down.
I ordered Mina ma to make us both a cup of coffee and turned back to her.
"Because you're coming with me. Before you protest, I know Bhai is planning on sneaking into the venue. I have known him for 26 years. I know he will. So instead of doing so, both of you are coming with me. If you wish bring Kavita with you." I said in one breath.
Shiv thought for a while.
Good, she's considering it.
"But why me?"
Bruh, you're his wife!
"Because I want to get married before them. And for that, I need a guy and I won't get a guy until and unless I interact with guys and with Bhai, it's not possible." I explained.
Shiv laughed at me and then said.
"Fine. You're one interesting girl."
"That! I am." I smirked

__

My brother was elated knowing that he'd come with me. However, his happiness dampened when he heard Shiv is also coming. Now she's giving him silent treatment. Serves him right.
Tomorrow, we're attending my ex's engagement party. I plan to be the life of the party.
Imma shine like a boss lady and he's gonna regret his life choices for leaving me for someone like her.

With a sly grin, I surrendered to a peaceful slumber, my mind consumed by thoughts of how I'd ruin Pankaj Oberoi.

_____

A/N (I tried my best.)