An interesting turn

[Edited]

Today the city was in an uproar.
The mysterious CEO of CyberBasket is going to reveal his identity after all.

Yes, he. Every time something like this happens. People automatically assume that it's a man.

Heer was managing the media and I was in my office, looking through some papers. I would go out in fifteen minutes and I was anxious as hell.
I took my meds but it won't help until and unless I calm myself down.
Raj was here with me, giving me mental and moral support. I appreciate it very much, but I am trying to send him away as he has his work.

One downside of revealing myself is that I won't be able to teach in the school anymore, and I'd have to be completely dedicated to my work. I don't hate the idea but I got attached to the kids back in school.

The commotion outside my company was huge. I knew I was kinda famous, but this much? I'm a businessman, not a celebrity. Just wow. Now I'm regretting my decision but there's no going back now. I sighed.

I made my way to the meeting room where the press conference was being held. Soon I was able to hear the murmuring of the journalists. It gave me goosebumps.

Heer announced my arrival and I stepped into the podium. The commotion ceased and there was pin-drop silence in the room and then they started to attack me with questions.

Third person's POV

Myra stood there looking all confident but her hands were sweaty. She felt like she would faint at any moment, but she tried to stay strong.
"Just a few minutes." She kept on telling herself that.
"Are you the CEO of CyberBasket?" Someone from the crowd and Myra scoffed at the ridiculous questions.
"Why else would I be standing here?" She said.
"Why did you decide to stay anonymous." Another reporter asked.
"Because I didn't like being in the spotlight. No complex reason." She said with a smile.
"Why did you decide to expose yourself now."
Myra sighed and then looked directly into the eyes of the reporter who asked her the question.
He was the one who spread the rumours about her being a gold-digger.
"Because I didn't want to be called a gold-digger and shit."
How she wished she could say that.
"I knew I couldn't hide forever, and that one day I would have to announce myself. For how long was I to chase paparazzi away from my company?" She chuckled, "And if I had to overcome my fear of crowds and people in general, I would have to leap. So, here I am in front of you?" She smiled a genuine smile.
She had calmed down significantly now.
"Who encouraged you to come out to the public." A young reporter asked, a newbie perhaps.
"Oh, my family and my boyfriend supported me." She smiled at the young lass.

"Did Mr. Rajvansh know about your identity from before?"
She affirmed.
"Did he date you because you were a potential business deal?"
"What?" She was baffled.
"Are you and Mr. Rajvansh bound by a contract?"
That's unique, she thought.

"Well, you all seem to be too much invested in mine and Ms. Myra's relationship." Abhiraj emerged from the backdrop shocking everyone, even Myra.

Things took an interesting twist.

_____

I skipped maths to write this chapter.