This Happiness Won't Last Long

[Edited] 

Myra's POV

I turned around to see Raj walking out of the door I had come out minutes ago.

""What are you doing here?"" I eyed him. But seems like my message didn't get to him. He simply stared at the reporters and they were intimidated.

"Is your relationship with Ms. Sharma serious?" One of them dared.
"What about. Ms. Styles? Are you over?"
My eyes widened, Styles was a sensitive topic for him.
I looked at him he looked unfazed, but I knew he was hurt. He was over her but she left a lasting scar in his heart. I am kinda of suspicious about it, he still looks too affected by this fact, but I'm willing to give him time.

The questions regarding our relationship continued. Each time a more ridiculous question.

"I can see you are too interested in my relationship with Ms. Sharma and Ms. Styles." He sighed as he came to the podium and I gave him space to speak.
"Ms Styles and I broke up three years ago, it's ridiculous that you're asking me about her now." He glared at them. "Moreover," he looked at me, "I'm happy now." I blushed.
"Looks like you don't trust me." He walked to the other side.
When I looked at him he was on his knees.
Wait! Is he...?

"Mimi," I blushed harder, "You left a lasting impression in my heart the first time I met you."
OMG, I'm so going to cry.
"Since that day I couldn't stop thinking about you, at first I thought that being friends with you would be enough but, the more time spent with you, the more I fell for you. And now there's no going back. I've fallen too deep. You're my secret addiction and the only person who occupies a place in my heart other than my family. So will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" He pulled out a diamond ring, leaving me rooted in place.

Abhiraj's POV

There! I said it. I'm so afraid she'll reject me. We haven't been dating for that long after all. And I didn't want to pressure her into marrying me, but in the end, I ended up doing so. I proposed to her in front of the media. I fucked up.

Then she started to tear up. Oh shit, I did fuck up.

I stood up and rushed to her side.
"Don't cry, baby. I'm sorry. Don't cry. It's alright you don't need to marry me. I'm fine with a live-in. Oh god, what did I say-"
She hugged me leaving me stunned.
"Of course, I'll marry you stupid." Her muffled voice was amplified by the microphone and everyone heard her.
"I love you!" 

I laughed, "Love you too." I said.

I am the luckiest man alive now.

Unknown person's POV

How could it be? Is he engaged? No, no, no, no! It can't be. I won't let it happen. He's mine and only mine.

Just you wait Myra, I'll snatch him from right under your nose.

He's mine, only mine.

"Hello, Naira Clinic? Yes, it's me. I want an appointment, this instant!"

An evil smirk adorned my face as I looked at them hugging each other on the television.
This happiness won't last long.

______

(A stranger appears!)