Act X

Jimmy was still unsure how he'd survived his second period by the time drama club had reared its near unnerving head, but he'd done it. He'd gotten lucky when the teacher had told them they could choose their own partners instead of just pairing with whoever sat next to them, saving Jimmy from having to talk to Scott.

But now, Jimmy was sat in the row behind Scott and Zach, who wouldn't stop talking, during rehearsal. Fortunately, however, Fwhip had forgotten about the incident at the mall completely and now sat next to Jimmy, thankfully distracting him from the couple just a few seats away.

"Sheesh, the choreography for that fight scene..." Fwhip sighed. "That is not it."

Jimmy snorted. "Mr. Harding's going to have your head on a silver platter if he hears you said that."

Fwhip shrugged in response. "So? Harding isn't that scary." He glanced over to Grian and Joel, who sat a couple seats down from Fwhip. "Those two, though, are complete menaces."

Grian and Joel had been spending the whole time whispering amongst themselves and glaring at Scott and Zach.

"What if you take Zach and I take Scott?" Joel said suddenly, and Grian whipped his head around with an incredulous look on his face.

"Wha- what?"

Joel rolled his eyes, adjusting his sitting position. "Like, we could grab the prop swords, and-"

Grian snorted. "You realize thoss things are plastic, right?" he pointed out, and Joel rolled his eyes in response.

"Okay, but listen," Joel began. "If we whack them on the head with the swords-"

"They're plastic," Grian repeated.

Joel scoffed. "I know they're plastic! They can still hurt, though." He smirked in Scott's and Zach's direction. "And they can hurt a certain two assholes over there."

Grian sighed. "Joel," he said, sounding almost disappointed. "The prop swords are plastic. They can literally do no damage to anyone or anything."

"Oh, hush with your technicalities, and let a guy dream, would ya?" Joel snapped, a bit too loud.

Mr. Harding turned around from his place in front of the stage. "Boys," he said sternly. "Do you mind?"

Joel and Grian stopped talking after that.

It wasn't long before Mr. Harding and Ms. Gold had agreed on moving on from the fight choreography for the day. They called up the four boys, plus Mumbo, Lizzie, Cleo, BigB, and Joey, to work on the next scene, starting with Grian's entering line.

"Part, fools," Grian recited, barely looking at his script. "Put up your swords, for you know not what you are doing."

Martyn, Impulse, Ren, and Tango all laid their props on the ground before Mr. Harding directed, "Tybalt enters," as a cue for Fwhip.

"What, art thou drawn among these heartless hinds?" Fwhip read aloud.

"I do but keep the peace," Grian replied, now stealing a quick glance at his booklet. "Put up thy sword, or manage to part these men with me."

"What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, as I hate Hell, all Montagues, and thee. Have at me, coward!"

The students paused for a moment before looking to the drama teachers, as the script indicates another fighting scene between the servants of the Capulets and Monatgues.