Chapter 29

The fresh breeze from the small window entered the kitchen. The scent of warm eggs, potato chips, and bacon reached my nose and I took a heavy inhale in while patiently waiting for the food to be cooked. Loose strands of my hair fell over my face while my eyes wandered at the trees trembling outside, under the cold weather. There was nothing except for silence—no sounds of people or engines running.

"Is there no one else around here?" I asked out of curiosity. I was kidnapped and as much terrifying it sounded, I no longer felt scared.

King turned around, his back muscles flexed and several shadows appeared on the lines of his biceps. "No, there is no one here. Everyone is on a small holiday until tomorrow morning."

Tomorrow morning. The day I would be freed.

King wanted me to shift by tonight, by the full moon and he wanted me to find my own way out of the Carrice Manor. I was free to do anything as I wished after that.

The sizzling of the oil forced me to look at the food he was preparing over the stove. Once done, he placed it on plates and offered it to me.

It took me only a minute to eat everything that was in front of me. The hunger was unbearable. The last time I had eaten anything was several, many hours ago and I was starving.

I chewed on the piece of bacon while reaching for another one in hurry.

"Slow down. You might choke on it." He said, setting his eyes on me.

I swallowed the large piece of bacon down my throat and imagine the other things I could choke on. My mind changed. My heart raced and I quickly took in a breath before pushing the images away from my head.

There was a sexual attraction that I felt for King. It had been there since the second I met him. It was odd but all I wanted to do was touch and place my hands over him.

I forced my gaze away from him and wiped my lips with a napkin before setting it on the table. "I'm done," I said while clearing my throat with warm water.

"So quick?" He understood.

"Yes. I'm full. Thank you." I gave him a cheeky smile before sitting back on the chair.

Looking over at the wall clock, I noticed the time and kept myself updated. It was three in the afternoon. The time was barely passing by and I was getting bored by staying here. There were still three hours before the full moon could appear and I could shift.

I didn't think much about the night as I knew I was going to be miserable.

"Can I go home for some time?" I asked.

"No," He shook his head while finishing his own breakfast. "You won't find your way out of here. Although, you can try if you wish to." He raised his head, smirked, and then lowered his eyes back to his food.

I huffed and rolled my eyes, "You know I can call the police and open a case on you for kidnapping me. You'll end up in jail for years while I'll be enjoying my life."

Why didn't I think of that?

King laughed at my response. He stood up and gathered the plates before walking over to the sink and placing them under the water. Quickly, he washed his hands and returned to me.

"They are under my orders. They won't be able to do anything so don't even think about that." He winked while drying his wet hands with a small towel.

I blinked in complete surprise. For a minute, I thought I could have some leverage over him but there was nothing I could hold over his head to get out and go to my home. It was a terrible idea to ever go on a date with King last night. If I hadn't confronted him, if I hadn't taken the walk, I would've still been free and at the comfort of my house.

"Well, my Aunt knows the Mayor—"

"Harden is under my order as well." He sat on the table over me and said before I could even finish.

Of course.

Mayor Harden had thrown King a huge welcoming party. At first, I wasn't sure why or what connection they had with each other but now I understood. They both were werewolves and so were many other people in this town.

But something confused me...

My brows crinkled and I looked at his face, "Why would he be under your order? He's the mayor."

King leaned over me and raked his fingers through my hair before caressing the back of my ears. I shuddered as his eyes glowered. The itch, the butterflies returned to my body.

"Who are you?" I asked, sounding terrified.

I understood from the news and the magazines that King was a billionaire that was bought up in this town but he had left years ago and his family disappeared as well. So how could someone have such control over the town? Who was he? What was he doing here? How were officers and the mayor under his orders?

He neared me, his warm breath crawled over my cheeks. I stared at him, unable to move while his fingers went to the back of my head. His eyes wandered all over my face before he whispered, "I'm the Alpha and you're my mate."

It came out of nowhere. A kiss. He placed his full lips against mine and suddenly, every worry left my body and I was drugged. My body eased toward him, my head went numb as I reached forward to kiss him back. The need, the desire hung over the kiss. He slipped his thumb underneath my chin and raised my head. I parted my lips for him, letting him take over. He shifted over the table, grabbed more of mine, taking a fistful of my hair and wrapping his hand around my throat.

My body jerked upward, deepening the kiss. His tongue explored the depths of my mouth before pulling away. Every part of me was on fire. Blood and heat pounded in my ears. I stood up and whirled his mouth back on mine before it could go any far away from me.

My knees melted. A throaty moan escaped my mouth. My head spun as I tried to breathe. Pushing forward, I positioned myself between his legs. His hand went lower, reaching my back while his teeth dug into my lower lip. I moaned again before our lips parted all at once.

My lids fell low. His finger went through my hair, and he said in a heavy breath, "I'm tempted. I want you to shake for me. I want you to be at my mercy."

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr