32 ◕ I can't Give Up (🇬🇧 Vers)

Kris sucked the rolled tobacco that was flanked by his index and middle fingers.  He was sitting alone on a park bench in Suho's backyard.

Sehun was invited to go to Jongin's grandmother's house in Daegu.  Kris didn't come because he knew his son wanted to go on vacation to enjoy his own time.

He looked up at the dark night sky.  Then smiled faintly when Chanyeol's face re-emerged clearly behind his memory.

He rubbed his face and laughed a little.  Feeling crazy because he is still drowning in his past memories.

He got up and walked to the car parked in the front parking lot.  He checked his watch which showed nine before he drove his car to a bar.

The sound of stomping music made Kris' head move nodding to enjoy the music.  It gave him a headache, but for that night alone he wanted to party until he was drunk and remember nothing.

He walked over to the bar table and sat down on one of the swivel chairs there.  He lit his cigarette again and took a deep breath, exhaling the smoke through his nose.

"What do you want?"

"Absinthe"

Several men turned their heads in surprise, as did the bartender who looked at Kris in disbelief.  Kris looked at him.

"You didn't sell it?"

"Certainly not.  It was a drink with an alcohol content of 90%.  We could be jailed if we sell it,” said the male bartender curtly.

Kris smiled faintly, “Fine.  Give me Rum” Kris said, uttering a drink that made the bartender sigh.

“If you want to kill yourself, don't do it here”

"You don't have any Rum?"

"Sir.  Rum has an alcohol content of 75%.  The limit set by the government is only 50%”

"Okay, give me that"

The bartender immediately made Kris a drink with an alcohol content of 50 percent.  He gave it in front of Kris who immediately gulped down half of it.

“You really came to die?”

"Maybe"

"Have a lover?"

Mris didn't answer.  The bartender then laughed, “That's right.  You probably came here because you wanted to forget your lover.”

Kris smirked.  Forget?  Not at all.  Precisely when he drinks, his brain will get stronger and his memory races to bring up memories with Chanyeol first.

"What is your name, sir?"

"Why"

"I just saw you coming.  You don't seem like a customer here.  What's your name?"

Kris looked at the bartender then smoked his cigarette.  "Kris Wu"

"Heum.. Let me Introduce myself. I am Kyungsoo"

Kris smiled a faint smile and took a sip of his drink.  Kyungsoo smiled faintly.  He got Kris another drink, this time with less alcohol.

"Did your love story have a sad ending?"  he asked then climbed up the table and sat beside Kris.  Kris looked at him questioningly, Kyungsoo laughed.

"Do not worry.  This bar belongs to my husband,” he said a little arrogantly.  He sat beside Kris and grabbed the cigarette from Kris' hand and turned it off by stepping on it.

"I'm pregnant.  It is not good to smoke in front of pregnant person”

Kris looked at Kyungsoo's slightly distended stomach and laughed.  "Sorry, I don't know," he said and took another sip of his drink, this time only a quarter.