Robot assistant pt2 N.R

Natasha POV
I woke up the next morning and I was feeling slightly better. The pain in my head has faded and I no longer feel sluggish. I immediately noticed I was not in my bedroom but rather in the living room and shook my head remembering yesterday's events. Her touch felt so real and warm, I didn't know technology was this impressive in this age.

I stood up but fell back on the seat when I saw Y/N sitting on the chair next to me. She has her elbow on the armrest and her fist propping up her head. She looks so tired and I couldn't help but be mesmerised by her features. I've never seen her asleep since she's always up and ready before me. Wait, what are you doing Natasha? Falling for a robot? I've got to be kidding myself.

I clapped my hands soundly in front of her. "Get up!" She flinched as looked at her surroundings before making herself look presentable.

"Apologies Miss Romanoff."

"Get breakfast ready while I take shower. We are leaving for another inspection after a meeting in my home office." I instructed her.

Honestly so far the breakfast has been great. I wonder how many recipes are downloaded in her? Does she know all the cuisines? Saves me the trouble of ordering from outside. I wonder if she has any DLC or do I have to ask Stark about that.

She cleared the table after I was done eating and entered my office, standing to the side. She started rocking on her feet after an hour and it was rather irritating. "Stop rocking."

"Sorry, Miss Romanoff."

"Go and get the car ready."

"Yes, Miss Romanoff." She left and I started dressing myself before heading to the main entrance where she was ready with the door opened. I told her where we're headed and she started driving off. We were headed to see a plot of land located near the ocean today so it was an outdoor expedition.

Wanda and Fury were already there waiting for us with their employees and we got to work quickly. We were thinking of expanding the company's business and start investing in more land for development.

While I was talking and listening to feedback from Wanda and Fury, Y/N was standing further behind with the rest of the employees from my company. I prefer working alone in this project until I am able to bring it to a safe place where they won't mess it up.

I felt droplets on my body and instinctively raised my hands to check. It was coming down heavier as I felt it distinctively dropping on my body. Suddenly, my surroundings became a tad bit darker and the rain stopped even though I still hear it.

"Miss Romanoff." Y/N voice came from the side and I turned to face her. She was holding an umbrella while maintaining a distance. Half of her body was drenched in the rain as she passed the umbrella to me. I took it from her and she went back to stand with the rest.

"What do you think of this plot of land?" Wanda continued talking but I didn't hear her. "Natasha?" She waved her hand in front of me.

"What sorry? I couldn't hear you through the rain." We continued talking about the business plan as we discussed what would be the best to build in this location that can bring in the most profit.

When we were back at home I swore I heard a sneeze but there wasn't anyone here apart from me and Y/N. I looked at her suspiciously and she apologised saying she knocked on a table and caused the squeaking noise. She demonstrated it and it made a similar sounding noise, I thought it still sounded different but I brushed it off, as it wasn't a pressing matter.

She brought me my second coffee when it was time and I could see her hand shaking when she set it on the table. She even forgot to bring the coaster that I normally request because I hate the sound of the cup banging on the table.

I looked at Y/N and she looked a little pale, there's no way discoloration will happen so quickly after being in the rain for a short while. I brought my hand to her face and she felt a little hot. Was she always feeling this hot? Is the battery overheating? Is there even a way to see the battery?

"Are you overh-" Before I could finish my sentence, she collapsed in front of my table.

"Y/N!" I went next to her and sure enough, she was burning. How am I supposed to take care of a robot? Is this a malfunction? I did whatever I could before settling her on the couch and calling Stark.

Stark:
Don't worry about it. Just treat her like a normal human.
I'll come over and pick her up tomorrow.

Natasha:
Okay. I'll tell security to let you in.

I look at the girl on my couch, she looks like she's having a hard time. Is this a computer virus? But everything about her is so human. I repaid her kindness by doing the same for her. I can only place a cold towel on her forehead until she wakes up. She's mumbling something in her sleep but all I can hear is sound coming from her mouth.

Suddenly, Y/N shot up but had her head in her hand in pain. "You dare make me work for you."

"Miss Romanoff. I-I am so sorry." I enjoyed seeing her flustered around.

"It's fine. Robot needs to rest too." I placed my hands on her shoulders and pushed her back down on the sofa. "It's my turn to take care of you."

I've been having such a nice time with her that sometimes I forget she's a robot.

"It may not be as good as yours but give it a go." I placed the soup in front of her.

"So you admit my soup does not taste bad." She raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"Only because you're sick. The company is going to pick you up tomorrow. So be ready for that."

"Yes Miss Romanoff."

"Just drink the soup and go back to sleep." I nodded towards the bowl before picking up my tablet again.

---

The next day, Y/N was feeling a lot better but I can see she was still slightly sick. I just told her to rest on the couch until someone comes and picks her up. She argued about helping since she was better than yesterday but one glare put her back to place.

When I walked out to get my second cup of coffee, Y/N was sleeping soundly on the couch. I went over to grab a blanket to cover her before going back to my home office.

A few hours later, Tony came to pick her up. "I have a replacement ready. It'll be sent to you first thing in the morning tomorrow." He said.

"Alright. I'll let the security know again." I watched as they went further towards the gate. I've gotten in the habit of using the sound system in the house after being with Y/N for two weeks. In just mere two weeks, she was able to affect me more than I think anyone could. When I'm working, I think about her. When I'm not working, I'm also thinking about her.

No longer in the mood to work, I went over to the couch to watch a movie, but my mind was not there either.

Your POV
When I woke up, I was back in Tony's lab seeing him work on the robot, I hadn't even seen my own room in days. "Oh you're up! Look, the robot is done."

I noticed something immediately. "You didn't bother to change the face?"

"She requested for it to remind the same."

I couldn't believe my ears. "Huh? How am I supposed to go out then?"

"Relax... the place you would visit surely differs from Miss Romanoff." He brought me back to reality.

"Jeez, thanks." I stuck my palm out and wiggled my fingers.

"What?"

"My pay! I didn't do this for free."

"Fine!" He placed a wad of cash in my palms. I counted the cash as I walked out of his lab. This amount surely is more than if I were to work at the coffeeshop for the same amount of time. Perhaps I should take up more of his jobs in the future.

"Call me if you need any help!" I shouted before closing the door behind me.

Written on 28 Jan 2022
Posted on 28 Jul 2022

Inspired by: I am not a robot (Korean Drama)