Well This Is Awkward

---Amber's POV---

I'm leaning against the wall, just letting the tears flow, when I hear a soft knock on my door. I quickly wipe away the fallen tears, but my eyes are still puffy as I open the door. It's Felix. He instantly looks concerned. "Amber?" I fling my arms around him and just cry. I don't know why I'm crying anymore, I think I just need to get it out of my system.

He holds me while I cry, staying silent but gently rubbing my back. When I start to calm down he looks at me. "Do you want to go for a walk?" I shake my head no. I know if I go out into the woods I won't be able to stop Storm from taking over. "I-I just wanna stay here, if that's okay with you," I look down. He uses his pointer finger to raise my head, making me look at him. "That's perfectly okay with me." I give him a weak smile as we walk into the room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've been in here probably 3 hours straight. My side is about to kill me. Not from my mark though, but from laughing so hard. Felix is a hilarious person with a wonderful personality underneath that hard exterior. He's made me feel so much better, to the point where I don't even remember why I was upset in the first place. We've broken into my secret stash of snacks that I had packed in my bag. I brought a bag of mini candy bars, chips ahoy cookies, and a bag of potato chips, and we've eaten almost all of it. I open another mini snickers and pop it into my mouth. I then ball up the wrapper and toss it at him playfully. It bounces off his nose, and he looks at me shocked. I burst out into another fit of giggles. He smiles; he always has this glow in his eye when I laugh, I don't really know why, but I love it.
"You're gonna pay for that." He says with a smile, and tosses a handful of wrappers at me, making me squeal. I stand up and grab another handful and throw them at him and laugh. He laughs as well, goodness he has the laughter of an angel. He goes to throw more at me and I try to dodge them. I succeed, and stick my tongue out at him. Childish, I know, but he brings that side of me out. As a child I was always concerned about protecting my family and fighting off rouges, I never got a chance to act like an actual child.

I continue dodging his wrapper attacks, until finally he grabs me, wrapping his strong arms around me and looks down at me. "Where ya going to go now, huh?" He says with a smile. I try to wiggle out but I'm still pretty weak from earlier, and fail. He smiles, and pours the handful of wrappers on my head. I wrinkle my nose at him and he laughs. He looks so carefree and happy like this. I wish he was like this more. He looks down at me. "So how are you feeling?" I sigh. "A lot better than I did earlier, thanks. You've really helped me." He shoots me that breath taking toothy grin at me. "It's always a pleasure." I smile, and I don't know what comes over me, but I lean up and kiss his cheek. "Really Felix, I appreciate it." He looks shocked, but looks into my eyes, and brushes his fingers across my cheek, sending sparks flying through my body. He slowly leans his head in, and I lean in as well, when Maya unlocks the door and walks in. We both look at her, as she looks at us, completely dumbfounded. She then takes in the wrapper covered floor around us.

Well this is awkward.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can explain," I say to Maya, who has not stopped smirking at me since Felix left. "Oh no need Amber, you were just smooching on the Alpha, no big deal." She smirks again. "I was not! I was, umm," she raises an eyebrow at me. I turn my attention back to the wrappers all over the floor and she laughs. "I knew it!" I just ignore her.

That night I just toss and turn, I can't stop thinking about Felix. I know I should stay away from him, but I don't know if I can. But what if he is my mate? That means he'll have to learn about my mark at some point, but can I handle telling someone. I've never told a soul, my family are the only ones who know. What am I going to do?

I haven't told Maya about the Blaine incident, so when we go down for breakfast the next morning she questions me as to why I won't sit with her. "Are you mad at me? You never sit with me anymore," she whines. I sigh, "it's not you, I promise. I just like to sit by myself to get my thoughts together." She frowns, but nods. "Okay, I'll see you later!" She skips over to Logan and Blaine, who won't even glance in my direction. I take my usual empty front table and eat alone, thinking about what I should do about this whole mate situation.

Our class is outside today. Felix leads us down a pathway into an open field. I look around and remember running through this field on the way to the creek. Felix turns and faces us. "I have constantly reminded all of you that shifting was not allowed while fighting; until today. I want to see what each of you can do while fighting as your wolf. You will each go into the woods separately, undress, and shift then come back out that way no ones uniform is ruined. Then afterwards you will return to the woods to get dressed. Mitch and Josh you're up first." The rest of us sit to the side as the 2 boys walk into the woods in different areas. They return, one of them is a solid white wolf with black tips of the ears, and golden eyes, and the other is a brown wolf with green eyes. They begin fighting, but I don't pay much attention. The fight doesn't last long.

We begin a routine of calling 2 people up, they shift, fight, then shift back. I lean back against the tree, thinking, when I hear my name called. "Amber and Maverick." I stand and walk to the opposite end of the woods from Maverick. I go far enough so I know no one can see me, and strip down and put my clothes behind a tree. I shift into the midnight black wolf; without the flames of course.

I walk out of the woods, and I hear gasps. I was expecting that though, I am the size of an Alpha wolf, sometimes bigger depending on the alpha. I see Felix look at me in shock, but shakes his head and looks back at his notes, and writes something down. I look to see a solid gray wolf with blue eyes approaching me. He looks like a chew toy compared to me; he also looks cute and adorable compared to me. I'm about 5 feet taller than he is, and I look down at him and snarl. He looks up and growls, but slowly backs away. I lean down to his level and snap at him, and he cowers away. We circle one another for a little while, when he leaps at me and bites my leg. I yelp and wrap my mouth around his neck, and pick him up. He wiggles and yelps, but there's nothing he can do to get outta my grip. He whines and submits, and I put him down. I take one look at Felix, who still has a shocked expression but is writing on his notes, and turn and walk back into the woods. I shift back, and look for my clothes. I get to the tree I thought I put them under, but there's not there.

Where are my clothes??