Basket 18

Warning: mentions of panic attacks

Third POV

Even though the crowds were erupting with applause, the roars fell upon deaf ears as (Y/N) kept staring blankly at the scoreboard with Koganei and Kagami helping her to stand up. The ibuprofen was wearing off a little bit, but the pain wasn't terrible. And the reality of everything had come to light. Seirin had lost to Aomine.

But that's not what cracked the girl's heart. Seeing Kuroko and the navy haired ace walk past each other without even sparing a glance, the phantom's light blue hair covering his eyes as he followed the second years to go and line up.

Keeping a steady hold on the triple threat, one could still tell that this was getting to Kagami just as much as it was for the former miracles. The red head grit his teeth while keeping the towel over his head. Their strongest weapon that had helped them to defeat strong opponents so far was a mere game when it came to facing Aomine.

Up in the stands, Midorima and Kise were kind of taken aback by the outcome of this game. Not only had Aomine completely destroyed Seirin, but their strongest player now had an injury that could take her out of the season for a long time. Frankly, the shooting guard had a feeling something like this would happen.

"Later, Kise," Midorima turned and began heading towards the exit.

"Just like that?! Doesn't this shock you even a little bit?! Honestly...and what about (Y/N)cchi? This could really put her out of the game," the blonde grumbled as he snapped back towards his former teammate.

It was almost as if he didn't care about how this had ended with that nonchalant tone he took, even with the sudden development of (Y/N)'s injury. Couldn't the guy show a little more emotion?

"Of course I'm worried about her, but honestly, rather than worrying about how I react, you should be more concerned about both her and Kuroko," Midorima started, pointing out the obvious towards the beginning of statement.

The green haired boy was not fond of showing his emotions around his other teammates, so he knew he seemed a little harsh when he just seemed to kind of brush off the whole ordeal like he had. But right now, and knowing the triple threat, Midorima knew that he wouldn't be able to do anything if he so desperately wanted to try. The pain from that day in middle school was a tough one to heal, and with her injury, that was going to make her even more vulnerable.

Kise simply didn't understand where his former green haired teammate was coming from. The blonde boy knew Midorima liked (Y/N) far more than any other human being, so it was strange that he didn't seem more worried. The shooting guard, seeing Kise's perplexed look, decided to explain.

"Kuroko's basketball was completely useless against Aomine. I'd say it was rather traumatizing for him. As for (Y/N), she probably wanted to unconsciously make amends with Aomine by winning this game. If you think about it, she's lost people very close to her before, so I can't even imagine what she's feeling right now along with having her injury. Additionally, Seirin is still a young team. Coming back from something like that won't be an easy task for them. We can only hope it won't affect their other two games."

The blonde could see Midorima's emerald eyes soften ever so slightly when he brought up the (h/c) haired girl. The shooting guard cared for her deeply, but he knew he wouldn't be able to comfort her now. Honestly, neither of them probably could. Hibiki hadn't answered his phone, most likely because he was still in the middle of his test, but this was going to come as a shock to him as well. And even if the twin knew his sister better than anyone, there was no telling by anyone how the girl was doing at that moment.

"If you get any updates on her condition, tell Hibiki to inform me. He should still have my number," Midorima told Kise before walking off.

The copycat didn't verbally answer, but he made note to do so. Looking back down to the court, Kise watched as Seirin began making their way off and back to their dressing room. Particularly, he kept his golden eyes on the hopping girl as Koganei and Kagami helped her to walk.