45 Jealous

Part 45 Jealous

Arnav was driving the car while thinking about teaching the driving to Khushi. He decided to do it that Sunday afternoon in the Cloud Nine apartment campus.

That's when Arnav got a call. He saw his mother's name flashing. He showed his mobile screen to Khushi. She smiled at him. Arnav attended the call through Bluetooth as it was being already connected to it. So that Khushi can also talk to Ratna.

"Hello, Mom, how are you doing?" he asked casually.

Without answering him,

"Chotte, what have you done to your in-laws?" Ratna asked.

Arnav looked at Khushi frowning with confusion.

"Why? What do I do?"

"They said you are so nice," She said unbelievably.

Arnav rolled his eyes whereas Khushi chucked.

"They said you talked with them well... Did you TALK? Like really? I just can't believe this" she teased.

Arnav smiled.

"Chotte... How did you make them trust you?"

"Mom... It's enough ok..."

"No Chotte... Do you know why they came to Mumbai?" she asked.

"Why?" Arnav asked glancing at Khushi.

"Someone told them about you it seems..."

"About me?" he sulked.

"Yes... They got to know how GOOD you are..."

Arnav rolled his eyes.

"That's why they came to Mumbai to back check you. They were all set to bring Khushi back Delhi you know"

Arnav looked at Khushi shockingly.

"What do you mean?"

"Haan Chotte... They got to know you won't talk easily...you won't interact with anyone... You won't like to spend time with people... Everything..."

"How did they know?" he asked shrinking his eyes.

"Do you remember Vishal? He studied with you in school"

"I have forgotten him it seems"

"But, he didn't... He remembers you well..."

"Ok... What does he do with my in-laws?"

"He had seen Khushi somewhere and liked her it seems. He thought to ask her hand for marriage after settling down in his life it seems. As he got settled down with good pay, he met Shashiji and asked Khushi's hand unaware of her wedding..."

Arnav looked at Khushi shockingly who was in deep thought.

"Shashiji told him about her wedding. He got to know her husband is none other than you. He recited everything about you to your father-in-law. Shashiji became worried knowing about your nature. He couldn't tolerate the truth that his only daughter is not happy in her life. So..."

"So...?"

"So, he decided to bring her back from you and get her settled with a good guy. That's why he came to Mumbai"

"What the kkk... Why didn't you tell me about the intention of their visit?"

"How do I know Chotte? I said nothing to them. I don't know how you managed them when they are in Mumbai. I'm sure you would have made them trust you by creating emotional drama. Am i right?"

Before Arnav said anything,

"You are right aunty. He behaved so coolly with my patents you know. He showed himself very polite and respectful..." Khushi said.