Chapter 26

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I stood in the balcony, staring at the sky, just staring, I had nothing particular in my mind. Usually people would talk about stars or the moon on such a beautiful night but my thoughts were stationed on the very studio scene of Soo singing.

His vocal color was somewhat like Jimin Hyung. It was soothing and pleasing to ear, breathy but not too much. I wonder why he didn't become a singer.

Suddenly I sensed a presence behind me, I turned around to see Soo.

"Hyung? You're here too," he asked walking to stand by my side, leaning slightly to the railing. What does he think, I am a ghost?

I nodded mutely. "What are you doing here at two in the morning?" I asked.

"Just could not sleep. You?"

"Me too."

He was looking towards the scenery that stretched over our heads while I was looking at him.

Chiseled jaw line, a dainty nose and midnight black hair that obscured his little forehead. He had quarter-moon eyebrows and sea shell shaped ears. I don't know why I was noticing him so intently, I was just doing.

He abruptly looked towards me and my heart fluttered when his virility - brown eyes met with mine. What's happening with me?

"What were you thinking?" He asked and I gulped. What was I thinking? I don't know!

"Nothing. What are you thinking?" I asked instead. He shrugged, and now I cannot believe how petite he actually is. His T-shirt is as if hanged upon him, it's shoulders on his biceps.

"Oh that's a shooting star," he said and immediately closed his eyes asking for something. Cute. Wait what?

"What did you ask for?" I was unreasonably curious.

He smiled and shook his head, gesturing that he's not telling me.

"Have you ever thought of being a singer instead of just a beatboxer?" I asked.

"Yeah. But not now."

"Why?"

"I cannot miss this opportunity. I needed it," he replied calmly, his eyes still set on the scenery. Like dude, I admit that our balcony provides an exclusive view of Seoul but you've got the Golden Maknae here. Why do I even want it?

"Is there anything you want to do other than singing?" He asked.

"Sometimes."

"Like...?"

"Sometimes I'm overwhelmed with the insatiable desire to learn. To know astronomy and geography and language and architecture; to recognize each constellation, planet, and star; to speak and understand all languages, be able to decipher ancient Greek and Latin text; to grow my understanding of how the human body works; study the differences and similarities of each religion; recognize the use for each herb and seed and sapling.

I want to better myself, not for fame or recognition or power. I just want to understand," I responded with a very deep tone. I somehow was drifted to this mood.

"What about you? How do you wanna live your life?"

He chuckled lightly, "I am not at all ambitious like you." Dude is this funny? We are like brothers and you are turning this into a complete gay shit by smiling like that!

"Still..."

"I want to live simply. I want to sit by the window when it rains and read books I'll never be tested on. I want to paint because I want to, not because I've got something to prove. I want to listen to my body, fall asleep when the moon is high and wake up slowly, with no place to rush off to. I want not to be governed by money or clocks or any of the artificial restraints that humanity imposes on itself. I just want to be, boundless and infinite. It's like I wanna do everything for nothing," he answered with a delicate tone.