Chapter 20

Alexander POV

I totally messed up. I yelled at Isabelle because of the twins. It's not her fault were having two. I shouldn't have yelled at her.

Now we're not speaking as we drive to Vancouver. She is listening to music, and I'm focusing in driving.

It's now 11:53. Maybe she wants to get something to eat.

"Are you hungry?" I ask.

She looks up from her phone and says, "Sorry. What?"

I repeat my question.

"Oh yeah. Sure! Where to?" She answers.

"We could stop at Panera Bread." I suggest. Her face lights up right away. She nods her head violently. I laugh.

"There's one about a mile ahead." I say. She nods, this time less crazily.

I take the exit and pull into the parking lot. I open the doors for Isabelle and she walks in.

Now. What to order? Ham, cheese, and lettuce sounds good. Isabelle thinks so too. We order and sit down.

"I'm sorry that I yelled." I say gloomily.

"That's okay. I know it's a surprise." She replies.

I laugh. "It's a real surprise!"

She leans in and kisses me. I kiss her back, but I pull away after a few seconds.

The waitress brings our sandwiches out on a tray. We finish eating after a few minutes.

"That was really good!" Isabelle says. I laugh, choking on my last bite. She whacks me on the back until I stop coughing.

"We should probably go." I say.

We walk out and get in the car. In 3 hours, we will be in Canada.

I'm excited to see my parents, but I wan to see Sophia even more. I love her. She is so cute and nice. She even thinks I'm a good big brother.

"I'm excited to see Sophia." I tell her.

"Me too! Finally I can have some girl time!" She exclaims. That's good. She deserves girl time, since she can't go dress shopping until next week.

She starts to yawn. I tell her to go to sleep. She nods, and drifts off. I am soon left alone to drive.