Kaycee's POV

"What do you mean 'you met someone'?" Tahani asked in confusion. I gave her a bored look and proceeded with getting dressed into comfortable clothes.

Bailey and Tahani, who are my best friends, came over to take care of me since I was sick. It was around 7pm when we decided on a spontaneous sleepover. Us being the women we are, stumbled onto the topic of love life and I just so happened to have mentioned the night I met Sean, which happened about a week ago.

"Exactly what I said." I giggled. They both gasped dramatically. "Kaycee Rice, did you just giggle at the mention of a boy?" Tahani teased.

"Man." I corrected her. They both squealed then turned to me. "He's a man. Wow! Well tell us about him." Bailey said excitedly. I chuckled at their behavior as I walked over to my ringing phone that sat on the counter.

I smiled at the caller ID and answered the FaceTime call. "Hey." I greeted him, my smile still present. "I was starting to think you were avoiding me." Sean replied in a humorous tone.

"Me? Never!" I muttered sarcastically. He rolled his eyes in amusement. "How are you, beautiful?" He asked, resting his chin in his palm.

"I'm sick, but hanging in there. What about you?" I asked, leaning my phone on the napkin holder. Bailey and Tahani froze in their seats then slowly stalked to the space behind the phone. "Aw, bummer. Want me to kiss it better?" Sean teased. I gave him a bored look then giggled nervously while running my hand through my hair. A smile beamed on his face while he walked, entering what seemed to be a familiar looking building.

"Why'd you call, Sean?" I breathed out to calm myself. "Are you blushing, beautiful?" Sean asked, gasping. I shook my head in amusement and bit my lip to hold back my smile.

"Stop stalling!" I groaned. Sean cackled but stopped his antics. "It's okay, you make me blush too. Anyways, I was wondering if you would mind me stopping by tonight after work, but it's clear that I'll have to come now." He smirked as a ding from the elevator played in his background.

All of our eyes grew into the size of saucers at his request. "No, it's fine. My friends are already here. I'm taken care of." I rushed out, trying to distract myself from the butterflies in my stomach.

"You know you fidget when you lie, right?" He asked with a small smirk. A giggle freed itself from my lips as I walked away from the counter to the fridge and opened it. Looking anywhere but at the phone, Tahani and Bailey were silently freaking out.

"Come on, Kaycee. Let me take care of you. I'll even bring all of you food or cook or anything else you want. I insist." Sean offered with genuine care in his voice. I smiled and bit my lip, looking behind the phone and at the girls. Was it a good time for them to meet him? Especially like this, in a way that's so unexpected?

"Sean, seriously it's fine. Besides, you have to work." I reminded him. He groaned and rolled his eyes. "How did I not pick up that you were this stubborn? Kayc, I'm coming over there whether you like it or not. I'll be there in 15." He finalized before hanging up.

I stood there shocked with how I met such an impulsive, caring guy who was ditching work for me. "Okay, Sean sounds like a charmer." Bailey said, leaning her forearms on the counter.

I went into a coughing fit then blew my nose. "He is. He's very...blunt, but not in a bad way, funny, passionate, really good looking, and one of the most creative people I've ever met."  I replied, flopping onto the couch with my phone in hand.