Chapter 7

It is the next week and I try to ignore Gerard. I try not to but I need to sort some things out a bit.

Before he's completely out of my room, Gerard stops in the doorway.

Before I know it, his girlfriend, Lindsey, shows up in late October.

Shit. How long has time passed since I really talked to Gerard?

There's been nods towards each other and hello's but I really haven't had a real conversation with him. I don't know what to say.

Lindsey and Gerard have only been hip to hip together so probably they're together. I'm not 100% sure if they are so I just ignore it.

One day during lunch me and Peyton finally get to eat lunch together since I was hanging out with Gerard a lot. She also started dating a guy named Frank which became good friends with Gerard.

"Are you going to homecoming next week?" Peyton asks.

"I don't think so." I respond.

"But it's next week! You have to go! Frank and I are going and then driving to a drive in movie theater after. Join us!" Peyton says while inviting me.

"Yeah but you and Frank are dating. They're such a difference!" I say laughing. "I really don't want to third wheel on homecoming, especially if we're going to a movie and there's going to be couples everywhere. I'd rather sit in my room on MySpace and eat until I pass out from a sugar high. But thanks anyway though." I tell Peyton and politely decline.

"So if you had a date you'd go?" Peyton asks.

"Well I don't know, maybe. Depends on who it is." Of course a tall New Jersey boy comes to mind.

"What about Gerard?" Peyton asks leaving me speechless for a second.

"Well, probably not. But he's with Lindsey and they seem pretty comfortable at each other's hips so I'm good." Just as I was saying that, Gerard walks in alone.

I immediately lock eyes with him for a few seconds until I look away.

"Autumn, you need to talk to him. From what I've heard, he hasn't done anything on purpose or with the intent of hurting you. You have to understand that." Peyton says and looks at me and then Gerard.

"I...I don't know I guess. I'm not good with boys in the least." I say and rest my head between my hands.

"Well never mind, he's coming over right now." Peyton says and looks behind me.

"What?" I say and look up and see Gerard walking over.

I meet his eyes and immediately feel a rush of emotion. He doesn't look the same. His hair is a little longer than before (but still looks attractive) and he now has a little bit of facial hair.

"Autumn, can I please talk to you in private?" Gerard asks and leans against my table.

"Where's Lindsey?" I say and look around.

"I don't know nor do I care. I've been talking to her but nothing else. Please can I talk to you in private?" Gerard asks and tells me.

"Yeah, I suppose. I'll be right back." I tell Gerard and Peyton got up.

I start walking down the hallway with Gerard and wonder where the hell I'm going.

"Where are you the fuck are you taking me?" I ask.

"The band room. There's no one there during this time of day. I've been there writing songs so I know it's quiet." Gerard says as he turns to look at me.

"You've been writing songs?" About what?" I ask Gerard.

"It doesn't matter, I just know the area." Gerard tells me.

We walk silently the rest of the way there until we reach it and Gerard goes into a room with me that has a computer and a couple chairs.

"Are you okay?" Is the first thing Gerard says to me.

"I'm not sure. I'm alright." I tell him and sit down.

"I miss you. I miss you so much and it's killing me. I fell for you, Autumn." Gerard says and leaves me speechless.

"You did?" I ask because I need him to be clear with it.

"Of course I did. That's why I told you about Lindsey, I didn't want you to worry. I want you, and all of you. So stay with me, please. I don't want anyone else."

"What? You don't? You want me? Since when?" I ask him.

"Since I met you. Please stay with me. I'm falling in love with you." Gerard says and leans in to kiss me.

Gerard's lips are locked on mine as we kiss. Passionately and romantically.

After a few minutes of kissing, I push Gerard away for the first time.

"What are you doing? You've been ignoring me and out of the blue you do this?" I ask and back up a few feet.

"What? I thought you didn't want to talk to me since Lindsey is here. That's what you told me the night in your room." Gerard tells me which is actually true.

"Well, I didn't mean it. I want to talk to you but seeing you with someone you used to date and smiling and laughing with her kills me." I tell him.

"Well, how am I supposed to know that? Do you know how much courage it took me to talk to you now? I suck with girls, the only reason I dated Lindsey was because I kind of liked her and she approached me so I asked her out through a gum wrapper. I'm a shy guy and I'm sorry for that." Gerard tells me and confesses.

I look up at Gerard since he's taller than me and admire how perfect he is. He confessed something so personal to know and all I want to do is hug him and tell him it'll be alright.

Gerard's breathing intensifies from me not responding and looking at him.

"Autumn, I'm so sorry. Please I...I just need to know you care like I do. If you don't, I'll leave you alone. But I'll fight like hell before you make me leave you alone because I'm not gonna waste this." Gerard says and keeps his intense eye contact.

"I'm not gonna push you away. I'll fight back." I tell Gerard and smile.

"Good, because I really did miss you." Gerard says and smiles at me.

Then he looks deeply into my eyes and kisses me, but this time it's gentle.

"Good, because I would've fought for you until you pushed me away two times to count." Gerard says and hugs me.

Me and Gerard walk out of the band room area and back upstairs to the lunch room.

Me and Gerard sit back down with Peyton and now Frank there as well.

"So what happened?" Peyton asks right away and puts both her hands on her chin like a little girl.

"I'll tell you later, you can come over tonight." I whisper to Peyton and then smile and Gerard's pouting his bottom lip.

"You can come over too, Gerard. I was getting to that. Haha you too Frank" I tell them both and laugh.

Oh Gerard.