҉三十 ҉

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦

!!!WARNING!!!
This story contains heavy themes of blood, gore, suicide, s*xual-assault, self-harm, and yandere themes.

Story contains spoilers from the anime and manga.

Reader's Discretion is Advised

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦

[ Arc 3 : 不死  ]

Tanjiro Kamado held a small leather bound journal tightly within his calloused hands. Unfocused dark red eyes stared forward into nothing. With his body eerily still, the man was a frozen statue. Fragmented thoughts were running through his mind after reading the contents of the worn book.

A curse?

Impossible. That would mean that his attraction to the Phoenix Pillar was solely based on her face. That could not have been further than the truth. Tanjiro loved the way she talked, her kindness, the way she defended him against the other pillars... Tanjiro could fill a journal, larger than the one in is hand, with everything he loved about Y/N and it still would have not been enough.

Then what was this journal?

He could not deny the contents. When his love's handwriting clearly confirmed the information in the journal, there was no way he could ignore it.

Still, it was impossible that the intense feelings Tanjiro had for the Phoenix Pillar were some superficial obsession.

He was different. Yes, that must be it, the slayer thought.

If he was not cursed, then it must mean he was immune. Unlike the others, Tanjiro believed that he was completely unaffected by the curse.

The journal must have forgotten to include exceptions. He loved Y/N for who she is. The others were just obsessed with her.

I'm the only one who truly loves her.

Speaking of the others, Tanjiro realized how much competition he truly had. How much Y/N was in danger. Thinking of all of the powerful slayers that must have had their eyes on her, Tanjiro was uneasy. The need to protect her from all those that were obsessed with her grew. A sudden thought struck the demon slayer.

The curse affects women too...

Turning to his sister, he roughly gripped her shoulders. With a grave tone and dark eyes, Tanjiro asked lowly,

"Do you like Y/N?"

The muzzled demon was silent for a moment, trying to recognize the person Tanjiro was referring to. After realizing, she nodded her head vigorously, eyes turned up in an enthusiastic smile. At this, Tanjiro's grip tightened.