Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"What were you thinking?" Carlo my advisor asked. Now you're probably wondering who's Carlo. Well I just learnt his name a moment ago. Remember the middle-aged man with a mustache from the prologue of this book? Well that's him and he's apparently my advisor as well. Every single student has one, how touching.

"I just told you, he called me a slut. How many times do I have to say it?" I groaned.

"Do you realize who he is? He's the prince here in New Zealand!"

This caught my attention. We're in New Zealand? Well I remembered going in a plane but I was blindfolded all the way. I didn't know we were that far. "We're in New Zealand?"

Carlo clamped his mouth shut and exhaled soundly. "Yes, you might as well know. His father also owns this academy so I suggest you watch your behavior. You don't know what they can do to you."

I sighed looking away as I rubbed my arms but what really hurt was my back because I fell on it earlier with the prick on me. Basically the impact of my jump as I clung on his neck made him fall backwards with me. I was squashed like a fly I tell you, the guy weight like a ton. Well at least I gave him a few scratches and bruises but I was injured nonetheless. He also clutched on my waist so hard I bet there's bruises there from his vicious fingertips.

Lucas and Eric pried us apart in the end and I was immediately dragged by Mr. who-wouldn't-understand-me here. I mean I knew that was impulsive but the prick was also at fault. I didn't even do anything wrong, he already assumed I was some pathetic slut.

"Clarissa," Carlo snapped. "Are you even listening?"

"Yeah, what?" Finally giving him attention.

He groaned, losing his patience. "I talked with Prince Gavier's advisor and he agreed with my idea."

"What idea?"

"The fact that the fight earlier was just friendly wrestling between close friends. In two days both you and Prince Gavier will also be participating in an interview. And you will say that you are just good friends."

Huh? "What? Clearly something's wrong with your head? It was obvious that I just had a fight with Gavier, and now you're implying that we're close friends? What sort of sick twist is that?"

Carlo massaged his temples and closed his eyes. "Can't you see I'm saving you here? If you didn't know yet, there are many pictures in the net that went viral. You're everywhere on the tabs, and probably will be on the front page of the newspaper tomorrow. There are many reporters outside the perimeter of Prince Gavier's castle. You should be glad you're in the academy where they don't know its whereabouts."

I listened to this intently but could still not believe the consequence of my actions. Actually I thought I'd be kicked out by now but I'm so far from it, it seemed like I even got further away.

"Why won't you just kick me out?"

He turned at me with a serious face. "Is this what's it all about? You want to go home so you result to violence to one of the most powerful royal family in the world. I thought you're smarter than that Clarissa" He shook his head disappointed. "If you want to get out of here, you have to use your head more. That stunt earlier was childish, impulsive, stupid and won't get you anywhere. Princesses never fight through violence, they use their heads not their fists. They fight with words and power. You of all people should know that."

I looked down on the floor ashamed. It was true. I shouldn't have done that but whenever I go back there, I don't think I would've changed what I've done. But it was still wrong. "I'm sorry Carlos. I won't do it again. I have never been insulted so much before so when he called me a slut all I saw was red. I wasn't even thinking."