29. Run

Felix had never seen Claude run so fast in his entire life

Felix had never seen Claude run so fast in his entire life. Claude had always been a very inactive person. Despite his good shape and skills in hand to hand combat, he wasn't an athletic person who runs around a lot. He's more of a jogger than a sprinter.

Felix was astounded when he walked back to the palace, chest and neck sweaty from the intensity of his workout, only to be shoved aside like some vulgar object by Claude who ran past him and skipped up multiple flights of stairs.

What worried Felix more was the look he had on his face. Indescribable, but if Felix were to put a word on it, it'd be horrified. His expression was so grim and grave already, but the maid that was trying to keep up with him with a tear stained face was also shaking badly.

 His expression was so grim and grave already, but the maid that was trying to keep up with him with a tear stained face was also shaking badly

"Your high-" Felix tried to grab Claude.

"Let. Me. Go." Claude spat, yanked himself out of his grip, and ran up the stairs.

It struck the knight. Claude's eyes were one of absolute fear. There was something wrong in there, like a blaring alarm. Claude hadn't been himself since Anastacius took Penelope, and Felix sides with him on that one. But now, the blonde looked in an even more worrisome state!!

"Wait for me-" Felix hurriedly followed him.

They reached the wooden hall where a few maids were gathered in front of Claude's mother's room.

Claude as well as Felix froze on their tracks. The maid that followed them stopped and sniffled, wiping away her tears.

"Y-your highness-..." An elderly maid spoke up as he saw the two men approach.

Claude moved past her and entered the room forcefully, scattering the maids who were gathered around the bed.

Felix followed him closely. His breath hitched when he saw Adriana whom he wasn't allowed to visit since 2 weeks now because of her condition worsening.

She was even paler now.

They would've thought she was sleeping, but they both knew better.

These fast few months, Adriana had struggled to breathe and when she did they could almost hear the air circulating through her lungs. Her breaths were always so heavy and difficult. Now there was simply nothing.