Chapter 19

The next day, Hope was at her new desk, writing on pieces of paper. She hadn't gotten any sleep but instead just broke down the information she knew about everything and started constructing the spell to fix everything. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. She was a bit hungry, having not eaten anything in around 26 hours. But she didn't ask for food. Her mind was focused on more important matters. Besides, its not like she exactly trusted what Damon Salvatore gave her.

"What are you working on?" A voice called out from the doorway.

"Just working on spells. Nothing you need to be worried about. It doesn't concern you"  Hope replied to the older Salvatore, not turning her head.

"Is it for Klaus?" Damon asked, walking inside. At the sight of her expression, his voice got more intrigued. "Oh? So it's something Klaus doesn't know about?"

"I can do my own things, you know. Not everything I do is tied to Klaus" Hope said, covering up the pages

"Well, if it's something to destroy Klaus, feel free to share."

Hope rolled her eyes. "What do you want?"

"I figured you might be hungry" He tossed a bagged up sandwich on the desk

"I'm fine, thanks."

"Sure. Well, I also set a bottle on your dresser in case you need a drink"

"Thanks. I'll see you later. Whenever you decide to drop by and snoop"

Damon chuckled and walked out of the room. Hope continued working on the spell but then got up and walked over to the bottle, eyeing it a bit. Finally, she opened it and poured some in the glass that had been put next to it. There was only one way to test if something was in it. She raised the glass to her lips and sipped before starting to cough hard as the wolfsbane started taking effect.

She clutched the dresser and set the glass down, feeling energy draining from her. Her eyes glowed gold, and she growled a little without meaning to. She took a seat on the bed and waited for her body to quickly recover. Finally, she stood up and went back over to the desk, knowing she needed to figure this out and leave.

---------

After finding out her brother wasn't at work and had plagiarized his entire history paper, Elena was pacing at the Mystic Grill, listening as her phone went straight to voice-mail as she tried to call her brother.  "Jeremy, the minute that you get this, call me" Elena said to the voice-mail and hung up.

"You're feisty when you're mad" Damon commented as he threw a dart that landed right on the bullseye.

"It's not that I'm mad. I'm just... I'm worried" Elena explained.

"Why? I think he'll survive, Elena"

"He's spiraling. Ever since Bonnie broke up with him, he's moody. He's not really talking to anyone"

"Well, he did cheat on her" Damon pointed out. "Can he really blame her for dumping him? I mean not everyone is okay with an open relationship"

"Says the guy that was dating Katherine the same time Stefan was" Elena commented as she let out a sigh.

Damon rolled his eyes a bit. "Just because I went along with it, it doesn't mean I was thrilled about it or didn't want her to pick one of us. And at least Katherine was open about it. Not going off and kissing his ghost of an ex girlfriend" He shrugged and walked over to the bar, ordering a bourbon as he leaned against it. "Clearly he wasnt as into Bonnie as he thought he was, so he'll move on. He'll be okay, Elena"

Elena shook her head a bit, watching him. "We need to talk about Hope"

"No there's nothing to talk about. She's a threat. End of story" Damon said.