Welcome to your Orientation Ceremony Irumi-chan!

____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch that rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

Irumi Suzuki, age 14. She is a pitiful girl who was sold off to a demon by her idiot parents.

————————————————————————-------------------------------------------------------

The night passed quickly and morning came. The birds cawed and chirped from their nest outside. Successfully stirring Irumi from her rest-the best she's had for a while really, shifting and sitting up, the young girl stretched her arms above her head with a silent yawn. Rubbing her eyes she looked around the room in silent bewilderment.

"Ah..so it wasn't..a dream.."

A knock rapt on her door before it flung open to Sullivan. "Good morning Irumi!~ did you sleep well last night?!" He questioned happily as he walked to her bed. "O-oh yes, this bed set is really comfy and I fell right to sleep with no issue too. Thank you, sir- ah grandpa. And good morning to you as well." Irumi greeted, smiling sleepily before blinking; tilting her head to clearly see the other demon next to her newfound grandfather in curiosity.

"Ooh!~ my first good morning!~ I must savor thissss!~" Sullivan sang, spinning on the ball of his feet in excitement as a blush covered his face.

Irumi blinked before giving an airy laugh, becoming amused at his intense happiness.

"Now then! We must get ready!~ come along you can get dressed in a moment! First, we need to set up the last bit of work so we can complete the adoption later!" Sullivan announced in excitement, lifting Irumi out of the covers, not noting the sudden chest she had but instead rushed right out the door, and would have gone all the way to his private study if it wasn't for the other demon to grab hold of his collar. "Sir it would be best if we allowed Irumi-sama to dress first. She'd get cold walking in nothing but silk pajamas." The butler stated in monotone.

Sullivan gasped realizing this and apologized to the stunned Irumi, rushing back into her room and setting her onto the bed. "Alright then! Opera here will help you dress then guide you to the study! Hurry now! I shall be waiting!" Sullivan sang rushing out once more leaving Irumi dazed on her bed. "H-he is surely full of energy.." she mumbled a little bit in shock.

Before turning to Opera and blushed. "A-ah it was Opera, right? You don't need to help me dress-" "you will need aid in those bandages." Opera interrupted. Irumi paused. "N-no no I'm used to doing it all by myself-" "but you aren't alone now, it's fine lady Irumi, please allow me to help in this." Irumi paused again, turning pale as she heard one of the three magic words. The please echoed ongoingly in her head. "Y-yes..sure.." she agreed, giving in with her head down.

Opera hummed, nodding in gratitude. Irumi took off her shirt and grabbed the undergarments offered to change into and quickly dressed into that and her slacks when she thought Opera had their back turned to gather the bandages.

They were not turned away.

They had paused- frozen like a statue at where they stood, eyes a little wide seeing how mauled her petite back was. Immense scarring and wild slash marks covered the young teen from the nape of her neck to down past her tail-bone.

The marks followed up from her neck spreading to her shoulders like morbid branches of a tree and descended down to the back of her biceps an inch shy of her elbows and from what they caught before she put on pants it had dropped past her tailbone down to her thighs just a bit above the back of her knees. Opera found their grip tightening on the bandages, now understanding their master's request on the research of scar cream.