Welcome to your new Family Irumi-chan!

____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch that rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

Irumi Suzuki, age 14. She is a pitiful girl who was sold off to a demon by her idiot parents.

————————————————————————-------------------------------------------------------

Irumi stayed seated in the Principal's office, having Asmodeus leave her side to go home. She was silently reading, lounging in a reclining chair as Opera stood behind her, reading over her shoulder. Across the room, the teachers and some staff gathered holding a small meeting with Sullivan.

The main topic was just some small finalizations for classrooms and setups before they could move on to the schedules and ranks. "And so, we have all the materials that we need to provide then? Good, good. We will have the needed books in prepackaged bundles to make it easier to hand out and have the students take. The packaging will be color-coded, tan for first years, blue for second years, red for third, black for fourth, green for fifth, and violet for sixth. Now with that all decided, dismissed! Irumi~ grandpa is finished now~!!" Sullivan cooed, making haste to abandon his staff and rushed across the room to Irumi.

"Hmm?" Irumi hummed, not exactly listening to him, having turned to another page of the book she was borrowing from Opera- a book that identifies magic beasts.

"See see! Grandpa is allll done with work so let's head home!!" Sullivan cheered with gusto and a blush on his face, "Ah? Alright, let me-Eep!" Irumi yelped, blushing when Sullivan didn't wait for her to set the book away into her book bag and just hefted her up, cradling her in his arms like a baby.

Pressing his cheek against hers. "You look so adorable when you are reading~ so cute~~" Sullivan cooed running to the window having leaped out the windowsill and took flight towards the manor. "H-hey wait-! Grandpaaaa!!" Irumi yelled leaving behind Opera who picked up Irumi's book bag and turned to the dumbfounded/ amused/ annoyed staff members and gave a silent nod before taking off themselves.

"I-I suppose we are dismissed then?" A teacher-Dali commented, chuckling. "My my~ this year is definitely going to be interesting!~" Raim cheered. Kalego grunted to the side, fuming at their gull. And swiftly, they all left, getting ready for the preparation of the new school year.

Once at the manor, Irumi quickly jumped to the ground, going to her knees and hands, trembling. "Y-you need to give me a warning or heads up before you do something like that!" Irumi stuttered. "Sorry, sorry~" Sullivan apologized, petting her hair. Irumi breathed out, smiling, "it's okay, let's head in now," she mumbled shyly, getting back onto her feet, giving them both a tranquil smile as Opera landed behind them.

"Hmm hmm," Sullivan hummed as he nodded. "Everything should be nice and ready. Opera and I will get the final things prepared, you go upstairs and change out of your school clothes into something comfy!" He exclaimed, guiding Irumi inside. "Ah- right, I'll be right into the study when I'm done then." She chirped, climbing up the steps into her room.

Irumi froze upon entering her bedroom, a mountain of present boxes all across the floor and her desk, "Oh my.." she muttered, spotting a ton of different styles of clothes and also plushies. She breathed out a sigh, focusing on changing clothes for now, walking towards the bags and boxes of clothing, she picked up a soft, cream-colored tunic and a pair of navy harem pants that taper at her ankles. Humming, she changed out of the uniform, folding it gently onto her bed and after a moment decided to undo her bandages since she wouldn't easily reopen any of her still-healing back wounds while simply at the manor.