1: gen z

hello!

hi!

i'm danielle, it's great to see you here.

i'm very excited to share my new story a + b with you.

before you read you should know...

this story is not simply about a girl/boy next door relationship!!!

it's about something much more special, and important.

without giving too much away, a + b focuses on the pressures of being a teenager including: love, popularity, relationships, friendships, and everything in between.

i wanted to write something personal, and relatable for teenagers and young adults over the world.

i hope when you read this story, you can relate to your own experience of being young through these amazing characters.

so, please, enjoy the rollercoaster. i truly hope you stay until the very end. <3

1: gen z

October 11th

I was seventeen years old when I moved away from my hometown.

Kessington road had been my address since I was a baby. But when my mother decided she wanted not just a new house, but a change of scenery, we said goodbye to our old home, forever.

"Can we play Olivia Rodrigo now?"

I was sat in the backseat of my mom's car. My long brown hair was covered by a dark blue beanie, as I watched the boring highway.

My younger sister, Lily was in the passenger seat and had hogged the radio for at least half an hour.

"But we haven't finished listening to BlackPink's album!" Lily whined.

I rolled my green eyes.

"Mom?"

My mother Shirley glanced at me through the rear mirror.

"Amanda, there's plenty of time for you to play your music. Let Lily finish her CD."

"I can't believe you just said CD."

She laughed. "Once upon a time that's what they used to be called."

"Ssh! This is my favorite part!"

Lily closed her eyes as she began to sing the lyrics to Pretty Savage.

Mom chuckled.

"Whatever. I'll just listen to Olivia through my earphones."

I unbuckled my seatbelt and laid down, using my bag as a pillow.

"Amanda! You can't do that when I'm driving, I could crash!"

"Then don't."

Lily snorted.

"Amanda," Mom warned.

"Mom, chill. Just don't crash. But if you do I'd have to live stream on TikTok to say goodbye to my ten followers."

"That would be very Gen Z of you Amanda," Lily said.

"Gen Z?" Mom scrunched her eyebrows.

My fingers scrolled through the social media apps on my phone. I stopped on Twitter, liking everything I saw, never retweeting.

"Generation Z," I said. "People born in 1995 to 2012."

"You kids have a word for everything these days, huh?"