-15- Backup

The next day

The next day

"I need you to teach me everything you know."
I demand over our breakfast. I'm not letting him hurt me or anyone else ever again.
"I will try, although I cannot guarantee, even with everything I know, you will be able to top him. This kind of stuff is his life, Ace was born into that life, he didn't even get a choice. From the moment he was born he was taught how to fight, how to kill." He takes a spoonful of his cereal into his mouth.

Oh god.

"Theodore was a strong man too, the leader of one of the worst gangs."
"Who?" I question.
"Ace's dad." Taking another spoonful, his face blank and showing no emotions at all.
"How do you know so much about him? About his life?" I can't eat I have too many questions.
"That's a story I don't think you are ready for love."

Love?

A knock at the door startles me back to reality.
I make a face of confusion and worry at Tobias to silently ask him 'who's that?'
"Stay here. I'll only be 2 seconds." He assured me walking out of the lounge area towards the door.

My hand is steady over the knife I had recently been gifted and I hope to god it isn't who I think it is, coming to take me away again. Then again he's too rude too knock, he would probably just break through a window or something. Blow up a couple of things or something. I peak around the corner to ease my suspicions.

"What are you doing here?! I told you not to-"
"ROSE!!" Cameron noticed me. He always does I'm not surprised. Pushing past Tobias he runs at me lifting me into a hug and twirling the two of us around.

"I haven't stopped looking for you. I can't believe I haven't seen you in 4 days. I can't believe I let him get too you again I can't-"
"CAM!!" I cut him off "I'm just happy you're here ok and I know what you're like don't start apologising the only person to blame is him and a tiny bit me."
"Don't blame yourself Rose, he literally kidnapped you." Tobias cuts in from behind me placing his hand on my back.
"Which, by the way, I'm going to need all the deets! It's not everyday your bestie gets kidnapped. AGAIN. This is crazy R."
"Why don't you show him to your room, sweet?" Tobias suggests as Cameron and I exchange a look before leaving him and heading to my room.

"What's that about? Sweet? I leave you alone with him for not even a day and he's already calling you pet names? Are you guys fucking and you didn't tell me?!"
"Oh my god Cam. I'm not fucking anyone."
"Shame." He mutters jokingly.
"I heard that!!" I playfully hit him as we reach my room"
"He's a real looker."
That's not a lie
"Welcome to my humble abode."

Cameron bursts out laughing
"Never say that again!" He laughs. I decide to join him and the two of us just stay there, crouched over laughing our heads off for no good reason.

My eyes are watering and I can't breath from laughing too much and I take a few deep breaths to try and fill my lungs whilst Cameron does the same. Once I regain composure I wipe my eyes and finally enter my room letting him take everything in.
"That bed is huge!" He points
"It's so soft! Try it!" I shove him towards my bed and he gasps as he collapses onto it.
"Holy mother of lord, we are sleeping like kings!" He punches the sky which makes me burst into laughter once again.

"Your highnesses?" Tobias stands in the door way smiling shyly. "Can I get you some lunch?"
"I'm starving." I say, after missing out on a late breakfast not long ago my stomach is empty and grumbling for food. Standing from the bed holding my hand out for Cameron.
"What's on the menu?" He questions taking my hand and pulling himself up. Tobias had his chef's cook us up some lasagna.
"Sounds like we are eating like kings as well! Let's go!" Cameron runs out of the room dragging me with him still holding my hand.

As we get downstairs our nostrils fill with the delicious scent of lasagna and garlic bread and I can't help but moan at the delicious scent.
Cameron's mum used to make us the best lasagna and always paired it with garlic bread and steamed broccoli. I was telling Tobias last night how much I miss her and her cooking although I ceased to mention the crash, I figured he didn't really need to know that.

The lasagna is the best thing I've ever tasted, how the cheese just melts on your tongue and the garlic bread perfectly compliments the flavours. It's been a while since I'd had a proper home cooked meal, living off sandwiches and salad mostly. Cameron sometimes gets creative in the kitchen trying to recreate his mother's dishes but mostly failing, ending up almost burning the apartment down or making something so inedible that we just end up ordering take out.

This. This meal fills the void that the last few weeks have put through my heart.
"Good?" Tobias appears once again. His hands resting on the back of my chair.
"Mhmm" nodding my head with my mouth stuffed with the delicious goodness.

Cameron does the exact same thing, spending most of our lives together has given us this crazy bond. Sometimes we say the same thing at the same time, which by the way, freaks me out. All though high school we would get asked if we were brother and sister because of how similar we were, are. One time I even got asked if we were dating, I scrunched my nose in response. Cameron is a great guy, super handsome with his dark hair and blue eyes on his pale skin but no way in hell would I date him, he's a nerd...

...but I love him.

***

A few days later

Tobias has been so kind to us, sharing his home with two loud, annoying kids. He spends most of his time in his office, working or working out. Occasionally he will be watching some Netflix but this guy never relaxes, besides when we are eating. That's the only time I've ever seen him stop.

A variety of different people have been coming and going every now and then, helping him I guess. Protecting me and keeping an eye on him. Making sure they can predict his every move. More importantly staying out of his sight, so far they don't know who Tobias is and that he's working with me, so he's safe outside of the house. Me and Cam on the other hand... have not left for three days, sort of like a little vacation, if the vacation was in the poshest house ever with the most amazing food ever and the greatest company, all for the price of nothing.

I feel bad taking all of this from Tobias, eating all his food and using his wifi to attempt to contact work. I've tried in many cases to help him out, doing dishes, doing anything to help out. I just feel like such a dead weight. Taking and taking but not giving anything in return.

***

Do we like Tobias??