an Everlasting Pursuit

Welcome to my new series! A dystopian spin on shifters.

Summary:

Over one hundred years ago, the supernatural came out of hiding. A Great War ensued, causing the human race to fall to the bottom of the food chain and werewolves to come out on top. They hunted humankind for fun, their savage beasts creating fear among the lesser species, so the humans retreated into hiding.

To keep the peace with humans, their ancestors developed a treaty; they would not kill mercilessly and in return, every year, all humans of chosen age were to take part in an annual hunt. Those captured did not return, falling victim to the beasts.

Ailia Thorne lived in an old, secret village, far away in the mountains and well hidden from the beasts and their yearly hunt. Living under the radar, her village has been safe for sixty years. She thought she was safe, until one day, the wolves ventured a little more north than normal.

TRIGGER WARNINGS:

This book is different to the Lost Luna series. It is not the same trauma as Nova went through.

Remember this is an 18+ adult book with some heavy scenes ! So if you ignore this, pls remember I have prewarned lol

As always with me - Heavily detailed sexual scenes!!
violence/blood
Alcohol abuse
Brief mentions of self harm
domestic violence and abuse, non consent/sexual abuse, emotional abuse, financial abuse, psychological abuse etc (see below but aka Darius is a dick)

Most of these are detailed but some are merely passive thoughts.

As always, I TW each chapter.

For more info please comment or message me as a lot of the detailed DV/DA happens only during the first 10 chapters

Also - the wolves are not separate from the human. They are one. The person is the wolf and the wolf is the person, no voice in their head, no separate thoughts. Just instinct.

IMPORTANT !

As always it is a slow burn that is NOT based on romance from the start. Much like Lost Luna, characters do not fall in love, Ailia has personal trauma, and this book does contain an enemies to lovers trope too.

Exclusive to my Patreon - bonus chapters!!. Link in my bio or by searching "deafeningsilence"

Let's go!

Spotify Playlist - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2qUbFj7RFfoHFhV6Dj5ekg?si=e7904a79feab4882

Pinterest Board - https://pin.it/2BkbLYt8i

Read ahead on my Patreon!