36

Vibrant flowers bloomed, lush green leaves swayed. Autumn zephyr left the streets with warm colors, while fluffy snow dyed the realm pure white.

"Happy new year," Freya stroked the obsidian fox in her arms. He let out a squeal and nuzzled against her in response.

In the past year, they went from inn to inn, staying at one for several weeks before moving to another.

Time didn't pass differently for Caiden, he experienced every second, every minute with her. Though it might take a long time recovering his memories, for him it's a blessing in disguise.

Albeit, he was a little worried that there was no time difference between here and the real world. Even taking his eyes off her for a second makes him anxious.

"...it's almost time," Freya murmured to herself, her eyes darkened in the charcoal night.

Caiden had no way of asking her what she meant, but he understood the very next day.

A man in a black cloak appeared in their room. The hood cast a shadow over his eyes, only the man's chiseled jawline and handsome features can be hazily made out.

Caiden didn't blink as he gazed at the intruder warily. Logically he knew who the man was but the past him was only a little fox.

Freya patted the tense fox lovingly, "Don't worry."

"...so you're my daughter," Arche's indifferent tone rang in the room.

Freya didn't even glance at the man, she spitted the sentence out with the same tone, "...so you're my father."

"..." What's with this cocky kid?

Freya furrowed her brows with displeasure, "I am not cocky."

"...you can read my mind?"

"Not only that, I can do many other things you can't," She tilted her head, her eyes filled with arrogance and indolence. Voice dripping with sarcasm, "Heh, and you're supposed to be a demon king."

Arche's hands subconsciously clenched into fists, veins protruded his forehead, he had never met such an irritating child. And this child was his! How 'exciting'!

He only came to know of her existence this morning, this was his kin, he didn't want to be irresponsible.

He was down with a fever on his third heat and lost his control, shooting the wrong thing. Now, this child in front of him the living proof of his mistake.

Holding back his temper, Arche pursed his lips, "...well aren't you a cheeky brat."

"Can't I say the same? Twenty-three-year-old bastard~" Her eyes curved kittenishly.

"..." Endure it.

Freya glanced at the man, her lips curved as she raised her hands in surrender, "Okay, I apologize. I shouldn't have treated an elder  that way. But it was your fault for stepping on my tail."

She wasn't sincere at all! Arche said through gritted teeth, "It's fine. I should apologize-"

"For squabbling with a five-year-old?" Her brows raised, eyes filled with mirth. Seeing Arche silent, she cooed, "Okay, okay, don't get angry. I won't mess around again."

Freya didn't want her 'father' to faint or vomit blood out of anger.

Caiden had his eyes on Freya the entire time, he could tell her impression of the man changing throughout the conversation.

From pure mocking to enjoyment. This was a large shift. In this short time, she had thoroughly observed and tested the man before her before deciding her attitude.