36: I'm not sorry about the kiss.

"I will never get tired of this place," Mickey said when we entered the coffee shop. Mia spotted me from the counter. "Get us a table, I'll just deliver these to Mia." I was on my way to her when I noticed She was sweating like crazy. I looked around. The place sure is packed but I've never seen her this nervous. "Hey, you okay?" I asked. She shut her eyes trying to hold back her tears. "I can't do this." I went around the counter to comfort her. "It's okay.. just breathe." And breathe she did. "What if it fails?" She asks still in a panicky mode. Someone came over from behind me. "Sarah, oh my God." Mia hugs her. "You're fine." She strokes her back and continues to reassure her. "You love Lauren, don't you?""I do.""And she loves you too. You guys have been inseparable for how many years now. I've seen you two fight and get through a whole lotta shit together. You're doing the right thing. You're gonna be fine." Mia somehow managed to finally control her breathing. "She's gonna be here any minute, you ready?" She takes another deep breath. "I'm ready."

"Hey, who's that girl in the leather jacket?" Mickey asks when I got to our table. "I don't know. Mia's friend, I guess." I said. "Huh.. So now back to you. You don't tell me stuff anymore, it's depressing." She pouted. "I'm your best friend." I sighed. "Fine, I'll tell you.""It's 2:15am we should get to bed," Elena suggested. Together? Or.. "Yeah, we should. Before you hit on me again." Fuck, why did I say that? "Shit. Was I flirting while drunk last night? I swear I don't trust myself when I consumed enough alcohol with an attractive woman." Her face suddenly turned red. She finds me attractive? She was definitely drunker last night than the first time we met. "I mean.." She laughs. "I just did it again, didn't I?" She got up from the couch. "Well, looks like the rain has stopped. We'll be out of here by tomorrow." I suddenly felt a pang in my stomach. I can't believe this is about to be over so soon. "Good night, Grace." Elena leaned in to kiss me in the cheeks. Her lips as soft and subtle as a feather. I remembered the way she kissed me last night. Which I'm sure she doesn't remember. I watched her climb the stairs. "Oh and.. I'm not sorry about that kiss." Shit.