Chapter 6

Chapter 6

 They all spent the next few hours at the shooting range and every time Jade picked up the gun and fired the men stopped and watch mesmerised at the way she moved and the way she handled a gun.

After a few hours, Jade muscles tensed up and even though she was trained to fight through the cramps and aches her injuries caused her to stop with the throbbing pain in her lower back and shoulders.

Jade got up, and the men were so focused that they didn't notice until they saw her sitting outside the range watching them shoot.

"Hey, you done for the day?" Dylan asked as he sat down next to her.

"Yeah, the back is causing me some pain." Jade rubbed her lower back, wishing she didn't spend so long looking down the end of a scope.

"Yeah, injuries tend to put a hold on things." They both sat in silence and Jade could feel him watching her trying to work out where she fits into everything.

"I know what you are thinking and no I am not telling you where I work or what happened." Jade looked straight ahead keeping on her blank mask that she perfected over the last few months since coming back.

"I wasn't going to ask Jade. Not everyone is your enemy." Dylan got up leaving Jade with that thought. She knew this, but she found it easier to shut people out than, she didn't have to worry about letting them in. Whenever she seemed to let people in, every time she ended up hurt, so she found it much easier to shut people out.

She rubbed her bare ring finger, which was a consist reminder of why she didn't let people into her personal life anymore. Rolling her shoulders back she eased the ache that was growing between her shoulder blades from staying in the same position for a long period.

She watched the guys for about another hour and before they all headed out for some lunch. Getting into the car Jade sat back and listened to the men talk with a small smile on her face as they shared memories with each other while joking around.

When they pulled up at the fast-food joint, it seemed like they forgot Jade was with them as they all rushed in leaving Jade alone to get out of the car.

Once her feet touched the ground she reached in grabbing her crutches and hobbled her way inside where they guys were already sitting in a booth making a hell of a lot of noise.

"Thanks for waiting," Jade said as she got close and all the guys stopped what they were doing and looked up at her.

"Marcus, I thought you were staying with Jade?" Roger asked and Marcus shrugged his shoulders as Jade sat down on the end of the seat having hardly any room with the large men filling up most of the space.

Considering they already ordered food without her Jade called over a waitress who took her order and went away but not before flirting with the men at the table.

"So, Jade, how are you feeling about being out of the house?" James asked, and she didn't want to admit it, but it felt good to leave the house, even if she was still slightly paranoid that someone would attack at any chance given.

"It is ok, I guess." She shrugged her shoulders and could feel Marcus's eyes drilling into the side of her head. She ignored him and focused on casing out the fast-food joint. Jade was so out of it that she didn't notice that the food had arrived until she felt a kick under the table.

"Jade, you ok?" Marco asked, and she nodded her head knowing there was nothing she could do.

"Yeah, I am good." She knew no one believed her so she kept her head down and began to eat the crap in front of her. As they all ate lunch Jade sat back and listened not caring that she wasn't involved as it gave her time to think which wasn't always a good thing for her.