Chapter 40

Unedited 10/03/2022

  "What are your plans for today?" He asked while he clear the table. Jesreen told him about the Henry's who basically adopted her, and their Sunday dinners, but if he did not feel like going they could stay home. She also told him about the guys and their Sunday evening spent at Willy's.

Christoph decided they should go to the Henry's. That will give her a break off her feet, not having to stand around the stove preparing, and with him not cooking for so many years, he did not trust himself to pull off a Sunday dinner to save his life.

Most of all, he wants to meet and thank the people who were busy looking out for his daughter while he was bus.... He stopped himself.

One of the self-help books he had been reading for over a week encourage him to try and forgive himself and find a way to move on. If he can not forgive himself, how can he expect others to forgive him?

He did not think he could forgive himself, but with Jesreen being so generous with her forgiveness, it make him at least want to try. He wants to let go of them so they could have a healthy future.  For that future to be achieved, he has to find a way to make things right with Megan.

Seems as if Kevin heard them talking about dinner, because, he called to let her know that the guys will be at dinner and to ask her if they were coming? Or more, to tell her that his mother was looking forward to meeting her father.

Christoph watched as Jesreen came down the stairs. Her white flowered dress reminded him of one her mother had.  He remembers one particular Sunday, they went for a walk, feed the ducks, and went for ice cream. That's the night the magic of their love created their precious daughter. He could not keep the grin off his face.

  "What are you smiling away like that for?" Jesreen could not help but grin as well.
  "Oh, nothing."
  "That does not look like a nothing grin."
  "She told me when we bought it. You still love her, don't you."

  "I will never stop loving you mother, I made a mistake, and I'm going to fix it." Jesreen was afraid to ask, or even think about what her father meant.

She dear not start thinking up some childish fantasy for it not to work out the way she wants it to. She was not going to set herself up for disappointment. She was just starting to deal with the absence of her mother, she did not want to go back to that place.

They talked all the way to the Henrys. She remembers the evening before, they were so quiet on their way home. That seems like ages ago.

By 3, they reached the Henrys, and Christoph was introduced to all the guys. Jesreen then took him to the kitchen and introduce him to Mr. and Mrs. Henry.

Christoph noticed that The Guys were the same set of young people he saw at the diner the night before. He was glad Jesreen did not lock herself away when she relocated. 

She made friends with a decent set of young people. She took him to the kitchen, and standing in front of the stove was a lady with the kind of smile that could melt snow.

No one had to tell him that she was Kevin's mother. Other than their chocolate skin, their facial features were the same. Mrs. Henry's hair was black and white with the gray streaking through it. Her smile and body's reaction say, welcome.

  "Mrs. Henry, meet my father, Christoph."
  "Hi Christoph, nice to meet you," she greeted as they shake their hand. Mr. Henry then entered the kitchen and they were introduced as well.

During dinner, everyone was catching up on the past week and discussing their plans for the coming week.

"We have two big announcements." Everyone's attention was turned to Sammy and Chris.
  "We will be opening our gardening shop next Saturday," Everyone was all excited and was congratulating them.

  "Wait, you said two things," Deon reminded them.
  "Well, the second one is...." Sammy said, with a big smile on her face, slowly pulling her hand out of her pocket.

That's when the real excitement started. Everyone congratulated them, asking when, along with a lot of other questions. This went on for a while until Mrs. Henry laughed, put her hand in the air, and said.
  "Will you give them a chance to answer, at least some of the questions?"

Chris finally gets the chance to tell them the wedding will be the following summer, they got engaged last night after they left the restaurant.

  "Yes Deon, you Sammy's honor of honer," he answered Deon's question which she kept asking.
  "Kevin, we would be honored if you my best man."
  "The honor will be mine."

A/N with everything that is going on in the world, let us keep each other in prayer. Thank you for your continued support.