Chapter 14

"What the- Basti!" Rodolphus exclaimed when someone suddenly apparated into his study. He knows that other than Rabastan and Bellatrix, no one else can directly apparate into his study, but he wasn't expecting someone covered in blood to appear in front of him and that someone apparently is his own brother. 

"What the fuck happened to you? Who hurt you? You were with Julia from yesterday and now you are hurt." Rodolphus stopped speaking when he realized that he is wasting time and called an elf to secretly bring in a healer from the dark lord's manor without Bellatrix seeing them. 

"Yes master." The elf bowed before leaving the room with a pop. 

"Let me help you to your room before Bella comes here and sees you like this." Rodolphus placed Rabastan's hand around his own shoulder and supported Rabastan to walk into his room. "Why aren't you saying anything?"

"He killed her." Rabastan whispered broken. 

"What are you talking about? Who killed whom? What's wrong? Why do you look so upset? Please, speak to me Basti." Rodolphus looked concerned and worried for his brother. 

"Mom. He is the one to kill her." Rabastan said and looked at Rodolphus with tears in his eyes. It's not new for Rodolphus to see them, but the pain behind those tears is first time for him. 

"Who?" Rodolphus asked just as the door opened and a healer rushed in. 

"Master Lestrange." The healer looked at him frowning and looked at Rodolphus. "Lord Lestrange, I need you to stay outside for a few minutes as I finish the tests and see what's wrong with him." 

"I won't leave my brother alone." Rodolphus shook his head. Yesterday was the first time he let his brother go out alone and see how that ended. His brother is like his own son. Longbottoms killed their one son and Rodolphus won't let anyone else hurt his other son too. 

"Dolph, I'm fine. You should go and control yourself." Rabastan said to him. 

"Basti, you are not fine. In fact, you are very far from being fine." Rodolphus said sternly. "And you do anything you want to do in front of me." Rodolphus glared at the healer who gulped slightly at the death warning signal in his eyes and started to perform tests on Rabastan and also healing spells are sent as soon as he saw any injuries. 

"Lord Lestrange, your brother is held under crucio for ten minutes. Even the dark lord who was insane before never held someone under crucio for so long. Also, there are so many tiny cuts that bled making it seem like he is heavily injured. His injuries ae not that severe and they can be cured within a couple of days at maximum. I will ask the elf to bring some potions from Severus as Master Lestrange might need them." The healer said and Rodolphus nodded not taking his eyes away from his sleeping brother. 

"Can you find any magical signature of the person who hurt him?" Rodolphus asked and the healer hesitated. 

"It seemed like Moody's  but I can't be sure." The healer said and Rodolphus nodded before dismissing him. The elf took the parchment from the healer before leading him to the fireplace before Bellatrix can see him. He was already told that Rodolphus didn't want his wife to know about Rabastan's injuries as she is already not in good health and with her condition, she will surely go and kill the person who tried to hurt her elder son without thinking about the consequences at all. 

"Master, the dark lord is asking to see you." The elf brought the potions and informed him about the dark lord and left the room. Rodolphus knew that Rabastan won't be waking up soon and left the place to dark lord's manor and went to his study. 

"How?" The dark lord asked a single question.

"It seemed like Moody caught him at Julia's house." Rodolphus frowned. "But, my brother isn't foolish to go out and risk his life to get caught. Also, Basti said that he killed mom. I didn't understand it before, but now I think he said that Moody was the one who killed our mom."