01. The Blue

The sound of a human scream was intoxicating

The way their bodies reacted to a deep instinct caused them to lose control. Their pupils dilated at the sight of the siren with claws for nails. The siren with needle-like teeth, more beautiful than the devil. That dark power was so compelling and irresistible that people died just by looking at them.

It was getting a little old. Being alive for two hundred years was wonderful, but he craved intimacy and attachment. He wanted to gaze into his loved one's eyes and hold them close, listening to their heartbeat. He wanted to find his mate. His fated.

He licked the blood from his latest victim's sharp claws, making a smacking sound with his lips. Grinning, blood dripped from his lips into the water where he sat, lazy and content.

He sighed in annoyance as he realized he'd drained the man he'd killed of his blood, leaving him nothing more than an empty husk. He dropped him and dragged himself beneath the surface, taking his time as his powerful, lethal fins propelled him through the water, sharper than a knife. It was hunting season, and he relished every moment of it.

The Ancient ones, regarded as the wisest of us all urged us to find our passion, the love of our lives, or our mates.

Legends would say that mates would no longer need blood in order to sustain, the deep sense of attachment, endearment, and love would quench the thirst for all, satiate the carnal desires and give them a sense of self-accomplishment.

He had indeed found love. A family of seven. They were all he needed but the sensation of being in love and looking at his mate's eyes with fondness seemed like a distant dream. His other half was still out there, waiting for him with open arms.

He swam until he reached the border of a small island whose name he couldn't recall. Rumors quickly spread about its residents who believed in the sirens and their lethal ways. He scoffed quietly to himself. They were completely unaware.

He walked up to the sandy beach and started singing, his voice alluring and beautifully grotesque. His song had no words, just a haunting melody that was impossible to resist. Men and women crawled up to him and died the moment they looked him in the eyes.

He was hauntingly beautiful, pale white skin that shimmered delicately in the sunlight, deep red hair that seemed to flow with the wind, a strong high bridged nose, eyes shining like the sun, and pillowy lips.

He smiled, urging the man to come and have a taste of the salt on his lips. His lips shaped like a heart seemed to be the definition of love. The man had never felt so sure, this creature was the love of his life.

His gaze was drawn to the first man, who couldn't have been more than twenty years old. His smile, if it could be called that, seemed to grow wider as he fell headfirst into the water, right into his waiting arms. He looked into his
eyes for a split second before doing so, his irises briefly returning to his head, his jaw-dropping like a fish's, right before his sad little life ended. He ate his flesh slowly, its saccharine flavor filling him with life and strength. He laughed—a wild, unhinged laugh—before tossing his body into the ocean.

Hoseok craved love as much as he craved fresh human blood. It had been more than 200 years. He was desperate to find his fated.

He sensed a storm coming. The sky had turned murky and gray, the winds had picked up their speeds. In the distance he saw a ship, his face slowly lit up. All 7 of them would have a feast tonight. His laugh echoed as he dived in to get his prey.

Hoseok never knew that this storm would also bring an upheaval of emotions in his own life. His beloved was waiting for him and the 7 others in that very ship.

A/N: hello!!! and welcome to the very first chapter of my very first story!!! I hope u liked it

A/N: hello!!! and welcome to the very first chapter of my very first story!!! I hope u liked it. Don't forget to vote.