11 - baby

Please vote <3

Please vote <3
.....
Mommy Milas Pov

"When did you get the tattoo?" I ask while he passes me a mug, balancing it as to not spill the tea.

"Couple months back. I liked the meaning behind the whole stars and scars thing."

"'You drew stars around my scars and now I'm bleeding' What is your interpretation of it?" He sits on the stool beside me, pondering my question for a couple minutes.

"I believe that he took the pain of her past, indicating the scars and... made her see the bright side, otherwise known as the stars. And now that he left her... she's lost the will to live, she's bleeding."

We sit in silence for a couple moments, I take in his words, possibly too painful to over analyze.

Before I try to speak again, I hear the click clack of my mothers heels in the foyer. She strides in, her dress flowing behind her and a newspaper in her hand.

"Shit." Carter and I mutter simultaneously as it slams down on the kitchen counter.

"I assume by the looks on your faces, you both know why I brought you here." We both nod, trying not to smile at the photo.

I'm laughing in the photo, which is a rare occurrence, according to the headline.

'Valentina Violets daughter is finally spotted smiling... and with her future husband, no less'

"It's not that big of a deal..." I mutter and she puts a hand on her hip, looking in between the two of us.

"Lia, we said zero sightings of you two unless it was planned and carefully orchestrated. Public events only, remember?!" She says with that scary anger in her eyes that makes me feel small and unimportant.

"Okay well, there is nothing we can do to fix it." Carter replies and she glares at him.

"Your father will set up a red carpet appearance in a couple weeks. You're both required to be there. You have to remember how beneficial this is to my... businesses."

"Your act of murdering people and drug transportation? You always have been so motivational." My mother scoffs and throws down a magazine on the kitchen counter.

"Why does it even matter whether we are in some newspaper or magazine?" Carter asks and she grows increasingly angry.

"This is no more than a business arrangement, I can't have you two getting mixed up in the emotions of it all. Just focus please, I let you go to boarding school so you could be a smart, intelligent woman. Don't let me down."

She does her heartwarming little speech before Harrison, Blair, Robert and Bentley walk into the kitchen.

"Oh shit Lia, you're mom is like... a milf or some shit." Robert sits down to my left and Blair leans against the fridge.