Blood 2

Alas-diyes na ng gabi ngunit nasa daan pa rin si Elisse. Galing pa kasi siya sa bahay ng isa niyang kaklase. They needed to finish their project that's to be passed tomorrow and now she had to endure the eerie silence of the night and it's helpful that she's all alone walking.

May mga poste ng ilaw sa daanan subalit hindi iyon sapat para maibsan ang kaba niya. She's not afraid of the dark — she's afraid of what's hiding in the dark. If it's not for the project then maybe she'd be home already.

This is bad, she thought with a sigh.

Elisse shivered when she felt something passed behind her like a sort of slashing wind. Napalingon siya ngunit sariling anino niya lang ang namasdan.

Elisse casually shrugged her shoulder, thinking that maybe it's just the imagination playing tricks on her.

She was about to walk when she felt it again. It's as if there was someone running on her back, like a ghost and unfortunately, she could feel its presence. She heard a tap after a few seconds of silence, and her heart starting to race anxiously, warning her of a reality that's about to take place.

She didn't move.

She heard a low growl but she knew it's not from any animal, it sounded monstrous, like a human stripped off of humanity. Beads of sweat started to form on her forehead. The frightening sound was so near for her that it made her knees wobble. She tried her best to stand still. She took a few lungs of air before turning around but there's no one or anything.

"What the —!" Muntik na siyang mapasigaw sa pinaghalong takot at pagkabigla nang sa pagharap niya ay tumambad sa kanya ang isang lalaki. Nakakatakot na lalaki. He's wearing a black shirt and pants. But something about him made her nervous, like a shiver running through her back, a subtle warning of danger. Something felt off but nonetheless, she still decided to set aside the intuition and managed to gather her voice. "G-good evening."

Her voice was shaky. The man really did scare the hell out of Elisse.

Nanlilisik ang mata nitong tumingin sa kanya. The man took a step forward and Elisse stepped back instinctively. She gulped as she did her best to calm down but her heart wouldn't listen. It's beating incredibly fast. Her mind was in haze. She can't think straight but she's aware of the fear infecting her system.

"Dugo."

Para itong asong ulol na biglang naglaway. Tumingin ito sa kanya na akala mo'y gutom at natatakam sa pagkaing nasa harapan. Malalim at mabilis ang naging paghinga ni Elisse. Gusto niyang tumakbo pero parang ang hirap gawin.

"Dugo..." The man repeated in a deep, hungry voice.

She took another step back. Her breaths were too audible even for her. She's so afraid to even neither speak nor blink. Elisse just wanted to go home.

To her horror, the man's eyes slowly turned into pitch black ─ even the white of his eyes were all black ─ and his fangs grew longer. Elisse's eyes widened, a gasp escaped her lips. She can't believe what she's seeing.

Is he a...

She gathered all of her strength to run despite of her knees shivering. She tried to escape but failed. Halos bumagsak siya sa malamig na palitada nang mapunta sa harap niya ang lalaking tinatakasan. Ngumiti ito na tila mabangis na mandaragit, handang-handa nang atakihin ang kanyang biktima.

She started to cry as she shook her head. She was desperately praying in her head, silently begging to let her end this horrible night. She just wanted to go home. She just wanted to see her mother.

"Hindi mo ako matatakasan," Nakakakilabot ang naging pagtawa ng lalaki. Impit na napasigaw si Elisse nang hilahin nito ang braso niya. Halos magsitayuan ang balahibo sa katawan ni Elisse nang amuyon siya nito at nagpakawala ng hininga na para bang nasisiyahan ito. "Ngayon..."