Cool Lightning Tattoos!

Welcome to Part 3 of my Spectacular fics. I like basing these stories in a Personal Fanon of Season 3, so we're doing it again. Gives me more creative leeway to craft wacky ideas. Here's hoping this story paces as well as I imagined it. Oh, and hi to all the readers from r/SpectacularMemes! Thanks for the read!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "Oh nice, it's raining again..." You said aloud to no one in particular. Taking a sip of your Lemon flavored Iced Tea, you continued to stare out the window of your studio apartment, watching many colorful umbrellas move fluidly throughout the city streets below. It was cozy up in your reading nook, and you snuggled into your bright yellow Cardigan; a gift from your boyfriend for your birthday. It was soft and plush against your skin, and you wore it almost everywhere these days. Sitting in your hammock chair, you wondered how your lover was doing today. You hadn't seen him the past few days now, and with Spider-Man always on the prowl you couldn't help but worry for your boyfriend's safety. Yes, he was considered a "villain" to the people who knew him, but to you he was just a scared and confused soul who needed someone to love. You sighed and checked your phone. The time read 6:15. You finished off your Iced Tea and set the cup down beside you on the table. "Time for the date." You said with a smile, grabbing your keys and heading out the door.

 As you made it outside, the rain seemed to pick up a little bit, and seeing as though your last umbrella had been struck by lightning (freak accident, oops.) you were left with only a baggy gray hoodie for cover. Not that the rain bothered you much. In fact, it was quite refreshing today. You passed a few small businesses that you loved to frequent, and the owner of your favorite bookstore just so happened to be outside on break. "Hey, (y/n)! Got some new books in that I figured you'd really enjoy." The owner said and you smiled. "Thanks, but I've gotta meet up with Max for our date." You said, giving the owner a quick wave. "Still dating the walking lightning bolt, eh?" They asked with a tone of mild sarcasm. You rolled your eyes and laughed a bit. "Aw, don't talk about him like that. He's really a sweet guy." You said, waving goodbye and continuing your walk.

 Eventually you made it to the spot you planned to meet at, and were a little upset to find that your date was running behind. You shook your head and headed into the building, taking the elevator up to the top floor and using the stairs to reach the roof. Once there, you took the advantage of being up so high to scout the nearby streets and roofs for Electro, hoping he'd turn up soon. Checking the time on you phone quickly, you saw it was 9:25. That's when you realized the weather was making you terribly chilly. "(y/n), you made it!" A familiar voice said as you felt yourself being wrapped up in a very warm hug. "Maxy!" You said happily, your nickname for the energy boy causing him to blush softly. You cuddled into the hug and beamed with joy. The hugs Electro gave were always super warm because of the electricity he was made of, and you were very quickly nice and dry. In fact, despite all the rain still falling, you were beginning to heat up. A LOT. "Sparky I know you love me a whole heck of a lot, but I'm a bit too warm..." You said, sweat developing on your forehead. Electro let you go and looked at you carefully, clearly worried. "I didn't hurt you, did I?" He asked, and you smiled. "Not at all." You said, holding his hands to calm him down a bit. "Are you sure? I just wanna make sure you're ok." He replied, brushing your hair away from your face to see you better. You let out a bubbly laugh, startling the tall man. "You're too kind, Max. I swear to you I'm ok. Promise." You said, giving your boyfriend a kiss that sparked your lips. Electro pulled you in closer for a hug, and almost lifted you up off the ground. "I knew I could sense the electricity in the air around here!" A younger sounding voice chimed out. Suddenly Electro got very angry, and sent a blast of energy straight at the unwelcome visitor. You panicked, ducking behind your boyfriend where you figured you'd be safest. That's when you felt your whole body jerk backwards very quickly, and suddenly you were in the arms of Spider-Man. "Hey! Put me down!" You exclaimed, kicking your feet around. Spider-Man set you down on the roof of a skyscraper further down the street and stood in front of you for a few seconds. "Look stay away from him, he's dangerous." He said, jumping off the edge to swing back to the fight. "Leave him alone, Spidey! He's not doing anything!" You shouted back to no avail as the webhead was already too far away to hear your pleas. Angry at the sudden turn of events, you watched the roof of the other building to see if your boyfriend was ok. He wasn't, as you came to realize from the angry yelling echoing through the sky.

 Suddenly it all went quiet.

 You watched intently at the rooftops and all around the streets visible to you for a sign that anyone was ok. After a few moments of nothing, you heard the familiar crackling of energy come up from behind you. You turned around to see your lover carefully limping towards you, hand placed gingerly on his ribcage. You ran up to him with tears in your eyes, hoping he wasn't too badly hurt. Just as you were approaching him, Spider-Man appeared on the building's edge, and Electro sent a huge surge of power towards him.

 You were falling.

There was muffled screaming getting quieter by the second.

The wind had suddenly picked up speed.

You felt numbness all over your body.

You closed your eyes.

. . .

 You woke up in the hospital. At first, you thought it was Heaven, or some other kind of sterile smelling afterlife, but the doctor monitoring your heartbeat was proof otherwise. "Ah, you're waking up. That's very good." He said, giving you a kind smile. You finally managed to open your eyes enough to look around a bit more, and you felt your heart sink when you couldn't find your Sparky. You let out a disgruntled noise, and the doctor sighed softly. "If you're looking for anyone else I'm sorry to disappoint you. Only Spider-Man came and that was to drop you off here." He said, pulling out a flashlight to check your optics. "You came in totally paralyzed and full of static electricity. When we checked your person for any damages, we noticed major scarring and burns along your chest, almost as if you had been struck by lightning." The doctor continued, and you looked down to see what he meant. Noticing your eagerness, the doctor pulled out a few images from his clipboard and displayed them for you. Your entire body was covered in electricity scars and it unnerved you. Setting the images aside, the doctor sat down beside you. "Spider-Man said you were in front of Electro when he sent out a large surge of energy towards you, which caused you to be sent flying over the edge of the building and fall 25 stories down. You're lucky he caught you when he did. A few more floors and you wouldn't have survived." He said, trying his best to keep you from freaking out. You thanked the stars Spider-Man was able to catch you, but it made you wonder if your boyfriend was ok. "Mmm... Max..?" You muttered, still too numb to speak well. The doctor looked at you with a slightly upset expression. It made you worried, which caused your heartrate to speed up. "Max..." You muttered a bit louder, clearly wanting to see him. The doctor shook his head and rested his hand on yours as a sign of comfort. "Electro..." He began, but was cut off by your now stern muttering his name. "Max." The doctor nodded. "Right. Max was seen finishing his fight with Spider-Man just outside the Hospital's West Wing last night. The Police were eventually involved and Ele- Max was webbed down by Spider-Man before being detained." He said, rubbing the back of his neck with his other hand. You knew there had to be something else he wasn't telling you. Letting out a weak growl, the doctor shook his head and stood up, grabbing his things and moving to the end of your bed. He pulled the curtain around to cover most of your bed, leaving enough space for you to stare out the window. You stared at the doctor with tear soaked eyes, pleading for an answer. The doctor stopped moving for a brief second to acknowledge you.

 "He's currently residing at Ravencroft, at the Commissioner's request."