Chapter 28: The Long Way Home

Y/n's POV;
Part 53

I walked out of the great hall with tears threatening to spill from my eyes. Grasping onto Fred's hand as if he'd vanish if I let go.

"It's okay love." Fred whispered to me, pulling my body closer to his as we walked up the stairs towards the Gryffindor common room.

"It could have been you." I whispered back. "Or George."

"What do you mean Y/n/n?" George asked from the other side of me.

"You and Fred tried to enter. You could've been dead if the goblet chose either of you." I sniffled, now grasping onto George's hand.

"But we're here. We're okay, we're not leaving that quickly." Fred said proudly but quietly which caused me to giggle slightly at my boyfriends actions.

We walked back to the common room in silence, the only sound filling our ears was the hurried footsteps of other students scurrying back to the common room to pack the rest of our things before leaving tomorrow.

"Please stay with us this summer Y/n." Fred groaned to me.

"Please Y/n, we'll miss you." George added after his twin.

"I can't" I said flatly, not looking at either of the twins.

"Why not?" Fred asked, sounding disappointed in my answer.

"Because of what I am. I'd be putting you and your family at risk." I replied. "Now come on. I need to finish packing."

We picked up our pace to get back to Gryffindor tower where there was a crowd of people slowly filing into the portrait hole and into the common room.

I took one step in and was immediately sent a bunch of disgusted and cruel stares of other people that occupied the common room. I shifted uncomfortably whilst I waited for the twins to catch up with me. A second later I heard multiple howls coming from different corners of the common room.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" Fred sneered to the group that was starting to surround me

"I'm sure you have plenty of other things to do." George added.

"Like packing for example!" Fred yelled before grabbing my hand and leading me out of the common room and up towards my dorm which was a growing mess.

I closed the door to my room after the twins and I walked through. Tears fell from my eyes as I slid down the closed door, burying my head in my knees and loud sobs filled the air.

"Why does everyone hate me? It's not like I've done anything to them." I yelled, which made a muffled sound as I pulled the hair on my head.

I felt two people slide down the door, sitting either side of me. I was pulled into someone's chest where we sat in silence, the sound of my sobs filling the room.

"We don't hate you." Fred's voice whispered to me.

"You don't need to listen to them." George's voice added after.

"You're beautiful and perfect and everyone in the common room clearly is too blind to see it." Fred said.

My head raised from my knees to see both twins sitting to each side of me, small and sympathetic smiled etched onto their lips. They both looked worried, Fred more than George.

"Then why am I a monster." I whispered, not making eye contact with either twin, staring at the opposite wall of my dormitory.

"You're anything but a monster Y/n." Fred replied, drying a stray tear from my cheek.

"How about we get your mind off it." George offered.

"And how will we do that?" I asked the younger twin looking at the wall with confusion.