chapter 17, martini

***y'all are either gonna hate Caroline or you're gonna love her even more🕺

***
y'all are either gonna hate Caroline or you're gonna love her even more🕺

my eyes stayed open. i couldn't sleep, thinking about today.

Chris laid on my chest and he held onto me tightly as if to make sure i wouldn't leave

it all still seemed unreal. i would be meeting my dad. i grabbed my phone and looked at the time. 6:30 a.m.

i sighed and i put my phone down. i needed sleep. i knew i needed it, but when i closed my eyes my nerves would just grow.

i sighed and looked down at Chris as he snored. i played with his hair, twirling it with my fingers. this would never get old. but i knew i needed to move and do something. i gently pushed him off of me and grabbed my swimsuit.

i put it on and walked out of my room and down to the pool that had just opened up.

i unlocked the door and walked inside, i set my things to the side and walked into the pool. it was freezing but it felt nice. i swam through the water just relaxing. i enjoyed being by myself. all by myself.

i felt happy and relaxed. i swam for about 20 minutes when i heard the door open. i turned around and saw Chris. he walked past me and put his clothes next to mine. he walked inside the pool. i watched him as he dipped his head under water and then came back up and his hands were on my hips.

i smiled and laughed as he came so close to my face. i wrapped my arms around his neck. we were so close i could feel his nose on mine.

i smiled and bit my bottom lip as he pulled my hips closer to his.

"why are you down here?" he asked.

"because i couldn't sleep. why are you down here?"

"because you left." he said with a smile as he bit his bottom lip.

he wrapped his arms around my waist making me smile even more. we were so close i could feel his breath.

"you know, you're beautiful right?"

i furrowed my eyebrows. "that was random."

he let out a sigh. "i've seen the comments online. and they're just jealous people, okay?"

"chris, why are you talking about this?" i chuckled.

"because i think you're fucking perfect." he said. "you're the most beautiful person i have ever met in my entire life."

i clenched my jaw and pressed my lips together. Chris sighed and bit the inside of his cheek. he pressed his forehead against mine.

"i care about you, and i just don't want you to believe lies." he said. i scoffed and smiled. i looked him in the eyes and smiled.