006

The Barrens

Dani's pov ☀︎

Dani's pov ☀︎

Robin had drove me home since she knew that I had drank a little. She then brought me inside but before she could leave I convinced her to stay the night. So now she's laying in my clothes on my bed. I'm not sure why but that makes me happy.

"So do you have any older siblings?" she asked me.

"Mhm. I have an older sister named Marie. She's only a two years older than me," I tell her with a small smile on my face thinking about her. "Are you dating Steve Harrington?" I asked her since it had been floating in the back of my mind.

"Oh god no," she let out a large laugh, "Did you really think-," she says shaking her head.

"Well I don't know! I saw you get in his car and then he rubbed his hand on your hair!" I said laughing trying to defend myself.

"He's practically my brother. We started working at the mall last summer, then you know what happened, and now we still work together, but at the movies," she informs me as I nod my head. "Didn't you guys go out or something like that? Or like didn't you date one of his friends?" she asks me fidgeting with the bracelets on her wrist.

"No it was just a rumor. I've never dated anyone before," I tell her.

"Oh, why not?" she asks turning to lay on her side so I can now see her face.

"I don't know I guess I just have never really liked anyone. Weird right?"

"I guess. I mean I've only ever liked one person," she reveals to me. Which made me feel less alone. That I wasn't the only person who didn't have a new crush like every week.

"Who was he?" I asked her wanting to know more. I want to know what kind of guy could even be able to be good enough for her. Before she could answer the phone rang and I quickly picked up the phone. I could hear Serena's panicky voice so I was telling Robin that I had to leave and could drop her off at her house before.

"Wait, are you with someone?"

"What- No,no," I said forcing a laugh that wasn't very convincing.

"Danielle Carol Solace. Tell me the truth," she said bringing out my full name.

"I'm with someone but I'll be over in a little bit."

"Bring them over," she said simply before hanging the phone up and me looking over at Robin.

"So you've gotta come with me. We can stop at yours so you can change first," I tell her and she nods before I get my things ready to sleep over. We both then head out to the car and I drive to her house. I noticed that neither of her parents were home but her house still seemed alive. Once I walked in it was filled with bright colors and lots of flower decor. Her living room had what seemed to be handmade blankets. It felt much more inviting then my home.

Robin made her way upstairs to her room changing and packing a bag. I started wandering around her house, seeing photos of when she was younger. I couldn't help the small smile appearing on my face.

"Dani?" she asked altering my attention as I turned around her face her. She quickly made her way over to me as soon as she saw the photo in my hands. It was a photo of her when she was about 3 and had a flower crown on as she was dancing with her dad in front of the fireplace. "God that's so embarrassing," she said laughing putting the photo back in its place.

"What? No! It's so cute," I tell her with a smile on my face. Robin brings her hands to cover her face before telling me we should go in a muffled voice. "Fine," I say before subconsciously grabbing her hand and going back out to the car. Once we're both in I start playing music before we arrive at Serena's.

We both get out and wait at the door before she finally comes down. "Finally!" Serena says with a small laugh before embracing me tightly. "Oh Robin!" Serena says in a surprised tone. Robin waves her hand before we both walk in and go up to Serena's room. In there was a blowup mattress on the ground so Robin could sleep.

I went to the bathroom changing into more comfortable clothes and taking off the makeup on my face. I then headed back to Serena's room laying down beside her. As we watched what was on the tv Robin was reading a book. I couldn't really tell what it was though since it was in a different language.

Sooner or later we had all fallen asleep not remembering to turn off the tv and Robin having the book right beside her.

——

I woke up first so I walked out of the room seeing Serena's family still wasn't here. I decided to go downstairs and eat breakfast waiting for the two others to wake up. After about an hour or so Robin came walking down the stairs fully dressed in work clothes. My eyebrows formed into a confused expression.

"Do you know where the phones at?" she asked me once she realized I was here.

"Umm in the kitchen," I tell her before turning her around watching her go into the kitchen. "Where are you going?"

"I need Steve to pick me up. Since I'm already late to school I'm picking up a shift at the movies," she tells me dialing his number. After a little Steve knocks at the door and she leaves. And she was the only thing running in my mind for the rest of the day. I just wanna be able to spend every minute with her.

The first time I met her in freshman year doing a project together. She was so sweet and didn't try to gain popularity off of me. She didn't try to do anything or say anything mean. She treated me like a normal person. We made jokes and had a fun time. She hasn't changed since. I hope this time we'll actually become friends.

a/n:

hey hey
long chapter kinda
anywayssss hoped u liked this chapter !
reference(s): the barrens (It)

(word count: 1074)