The Promise

" I have not much left in me.

Yet the little I could gather and offer.

Will fight till I make sure.

" You have enough to breathe"

- Suzangill

                   ......

Loud cheers are heard as two figures stand in the centre of the fighting ring. Bets being placed on either sides.

" Come on Storm! Hit him! Hit him!"

People cheer the man who already had a victorious smile on his lips. Showing everyone his bulging flexible muscles.

" Get up bastard! Get up!"

He says nudging the figure laying on the floor of the ring. To only laugh cynically. Lifting up his arms. Asking the crowd to cheer more.

" Storm! Storm!'

"7"

" 6"

The refree was counting down , urging the limp figure to tap.

While those grey eyes remain fixed on a spot. Not showing any reaction.

"5"

"4"

"3"

Placing his palms on the floor. The figure gets up in a push up pose. His muscles flexing. Making the crowd to go silent suddenly.

Not expecting.

They thought the fight was over. If only they knew it was far from it.

If only they knew the fight was only one sided now.

He hasn't attacked even once.

That he was letting this happen.

He was enjoying the pain. Living in it.

" Wow this is a surprise! Our hero is not that much of a loser now! The beast is getting up!"

" Place your bets! Come on people! "

The commentator. Speaks. Making more screams and cheering to follow.

Moving aside the wet hair from his eyes, the figure looks at the Shadow. His opponent.

Who suddenly looked angry. As to why this Stupid beast keeps getting up. Why he doesn't admit defeat.

Fisting his hands. He goes for another blow. A hook to be exact. Making beasts figure to fall back on the mesh of the cage.

His fingers gripping the iron mesh to support his weight. As his vision goes hazy.

" Storm! Storm! Storm!"

The crowd starts cheering again. And those grey eyes of beast look at those shining ones of his opponent in indifference.

Like the prize money. The cheers. The name. The reputation.

Meant nothing to him.

Breathing heavily. He just imagined those brown eyes. And a smile comes on his lips.

Making the storm. To rage at him. Punching him senselessly. Thinking him to be mocking at this game of endurance to pain.

" Admit defeat fuc*er! Admit it!"

Storm screams at him. As he keeps hitting mercilessly. Making beasts eyes to swell. Cuts to emerge and blood to flow.

" Come on! Dammit! Tap! Come on!"