Chapter 7

-Cecilia slowly opened the note while her hands were shaking

-
Cecilia slowly opened the note while her hands were shaking.
-
To my beloved sister,

    I love you & I don't know what I did but I am sorry.

                         - Marco
-
  Tears ran down her cheeks slowly dropping onto the unfolded paper in her hands.

Her emotions were a stir of anger, sadness and guilt.

Why couldn't he be more specific in his writing?

Why is he leaving me?

Why didn't I tell him anything?

She sat down at the kitchen table examining the note for any clues and looked around his room for hours.

Cecilia was unable to get a wink of sleep as the clock shone brightly through the window.

Its been hours since Marco left. Cecilia began to think of intrusive thoughts as a knock was heard at her door.
"Mail for-" The mailman said as Cecilia slammed the door in his face.

After about five minutes passed she ran to Casita bumping into stranger's throughout the way but she didn't care. She needed her brother.

  Casita's door flew open to reveal the entire Madrigal family looking at the young girl.

"Mija? Is everything okay?" Julieta asked the girl who had deep purple eye-bags and knotted hair, "Marco is missing and I think its all my fault!" She screamed as a deep purple aura surrounded her.

"Ceci, please calm down." Luisa said standing up as she shielded her family members from the harsh winds.

"I don't think you understand." Cecilia mumbled clenching her hands into fists besides her waist.

The purple aura gave off harsh wind pushing everyone away from her, "I can't lose him. He is all I have left!"

The Madrigal's looked at each-other before nodding, Cecilia stood still with tears flowing out her eyes.

"We will help look for Marco." Luisa said sternly placing a hand on her shoulder before walking past Cecilia.

"Luisa, I'm so-" She tried apologizing as Luisa exited Casita.

"Don't worry, she will come back around eventually. Let's find Marco." Mirabel said as her friend let out a sigh before nodding.

"Dolores can you hear anything?" She raised a hand to her ear, "He is sobbing." Cecilia clenched her jaw, "Follow me."

They all exited Casita following closely to Dolores soon approaching the outskirts of the town.

"He is somewhere over there." Dolores said as she pointed towards some trees with branches hanging low from the weight of the leaves.