74 | itami

play kokoronashi and 7!! for this chapter on loop.
-

SEVENTY-FOUR. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

"is that where the story ends?" the ball of sunshine pouted as he trailed beside ymari.

the two of them exited the gates of her house and continued to walk in the general direction of the convenience store.

"there's no conflict? no climax? no resolution?" hinata listed down the things he learned in literature as they entered ukai's store.

"hi coach ukai!" hinata greeted the man behind the counter.

he waved at the two. "ymari-chan? why do you have this kid with ya'?"

"i adopted him." she shrugged as the two of them went to the counter.

she leaned against the countertop, glancing around the essentials displayed. "he is now under my care."

hinata grinned at ukai, "she's telling me about her life story!"

ymari just nodded when ukai looked at her for confirmation.

"did you tell him about the condoms you stole?" the man asked, an eyebrow raised teasingly.

ymari, who was looking at the stack of coffee flavored condoms glanced back at ukai, "oh i did."

ukai snickered. he wanted to ask if she told him about terushima too, but he knows it's a sensitive topic so he decided against it and opted to just ask hinata later.

"we'll just grab a few things and be out of your way." ymari told him, walking off into the snacks section.

she and hinata were going to the coffee shop a few blocks away anyway, so she just wanted to buy a few small snacks for the walk there.

ukai turned to hinata with curious eyes, "did she mention terushima?"

"you mean dye-job?" hinata blinked up at him. "yeah, she did."

"hmm, i see." ukai hummed in response.

"i didn't know you knew him before our tournament, coach." the tangerine brought up. "how come you didn't say anything or greet him?"

the blonde man tensed a bit, before he glanced back at the orange-haired middle blocker. "oh, so i guess she didn't tell you the whole story huh?"

hinata looked at him in curiosity. "huh?"

ukai shrugged. "it's not my place to finish the story. ymari-chan will tell you in her own time."

the tangerine nodded in understanding.

"so there were some details she left out." he muttered underneath his breath as he walked in ymari's general direction.

he stopped next to ymari. "i wonder what?"