CHAPTER 31

Abhimanyu's POV

(A few days later)

I'm currently sitting in my office thinking about Meera. These days she is the only thing on my mind. I have been sitting here staring at the same page for the past 20 mins but my mind is else ware. Sometime ago I realized that it was Meera's birthday next week and I want to something special for her but I have no idea what to do.

I know she doesn't like big parties and all so we can have a intimate celebration with just our family. I want to do something nice for her, something she wont forget. As I was sitting and thinking about her my phone pings indicating that I have a message. I open and see a message from Meera.

Stuck in work, will be a little late don't wait up 

                                                                                                       Okay, but I'll still be waiting

I respond almost immediately but she doesn't read the message so she must be busy. For the next few hours I try my best to concentrate on my work trying my best not to get distracted by a certain brown-eyed beauty.

I wrap up all the meeting by 6 and head home. Reyansh is in his room and his face lights up as he sees me enter the room.

"Dada", he squeals as I tickle him. Mrs. Smith comes in with Rey's food. I take it from her telling her that I'll feed him as I wanted to spend time with him. I make him sit in his chair and tie a bib around his neck. Reyansh is constantly looking here and there as if searching for something. I know he is looking for Meera.

"Meera is not here. You miss her right, I miss her too. Its funny because I just saw her this morning and it astonishes me how I cant be away from her even for a few hours", I don't know why but I start talking to Reyansh. He just looks at me with wide eyes and I chuckle at his reaction.

"I love her so much, you do too right. Okay come on be honest with me , who do you like more dada or mama?". I don't even know why I'm asking him all this , he clearly doesn't understand anything.

"Mama", he says . I know he's picking random words but surprisingly I don't feel bad. In fact I love the bond both of them have developed in such a short while. He raises his hands, gesturing me to pick him up. I lift him up and he snuggles into me.

After a while I try to put Reyansh to sleep but he's wide awake so I decide to complete some of my work. Its 10pm and Meera isn't home. I know her work is always busy but she tries to be at home as much as she can and I honestly appreciate that.

After some time my phone starts ringing and I answer it without looking at the name of the caller.

"Hello , Abhimanyu", its dad, he says frantically.

"Yes dad"

"You need to come here, now", He's calling me at this time? I hope everything is fine.

"OK, but what happened, is everyone fine?"

"No, I cant explain on the phone but Meera and Alia- just come here quickly", he says in a hurried tone and hangs up.

 My hearts stops beating for a moment. What could have happened to them? No , I'm sure they will be fine. Without wasting another moment , I change my clothes and gather all of Reyansh's things. I pick Reyansh up and rush out of the house. After adjusting Rey in his seat , I sit in the car and drive towards the mansion as fast as I can.

I reach there within 15 minutes and park the car and literally run inside the house. I first notice ma standing closest to the door looking distressed. It takes a moment for me to take in the scene in front of me.

Dad and Adi are standing a little apart with the same concerned expression on their face. The that completely shocks me is that Alia is sitting on the sofa hugging Meera and crying silently while she is trying to console Alia. Alia clothes looked torn in a few places and she has Meera's jacket around her.

My eyes then fall on Meera's hands that are bleeding. Looking at both of them in this state the only thing I feel right now is anger. Pure blind rage, I won't spare anyone who tries to hurt them.

I go over to them and place a hand on Alia's shoulder . She flinches at my touch and I immediately withdraw my hand. Meera looks at me and I silently asks her what happened. She shakes her head as if telling me not now, asking me to wait.

She whispers something to Alia who just shakes her head and hiccups. What the hell happened here. I try my best not to jump to conclusions but everyone's silence is unnerving me. I want to hold Meera but I control myself , waiting for an explanation. 

**********************************************************

Sorry for the short chapter and cliffhanger. 

Hope you guys like it

xoxo

Sakshi