8

The four of them had finally gone back home feeling exhausted.

Lisa went inside her bedroom with Bambam and as usual, Bambam would videochat with a girl who's not her.

"Giselle, hello.."Bambam smiled cutely on the phone.

"Oppa..I hope you're doing well there." Giselle replied.

"I am..shall we meet up tomorrow? Dinner time?"

"Arrasseo...but, how about Lisa unnie?"

Bambam looked up at Lisa but she was in her straight emotionless face while combing her hair in front of the mirror.

"It's not like we're married.." Bambam spurted out.

Meanwhile outside...

Jungkook was now back in his black bodyguard suit.

He was wiping the car of Bambam and fixing the tires.

"Mr.Jeon, why are you doing something beyond the bounds of your duty as a bodyguard?"

"Miss Karina, Mr.Goo ordered me to do this." Jungkook said.

"Well..then, why don't you take a break for awhile, I bought us something." Karina showed two cups of coffee.

Jungkook looked at it and Karina smiled.

Then she grabbed him by his wrist and pulled him with her.

They both sat down on the garden pavilion.

"Should a bodyguard like me be sitting here?"

"Of course..you're also considered my bodyguard."

"Is there something important we need to talk about?"

Karina took something from her pocket.

It was the half heart keychain.

Jungkook's eyes widened.

"Y-You.."

Karina smiled at him and her eyes were teary.

"I still remember it perfectly...Mr.Jeon."

"Are you...Lalisa?"

Karina nodded.

"The reason why you got to work here is because of me...When we went abroad, things were very difficult and I had to change my name to something different. Because I had a bad reputation at school."

Jungkook didn't know why but he felt a bit disappointed by his slight hunch that it was Lisa, not Karina.

But still, the very obvious is in front of him.

Karina, was the kid who saved him, who took him out from his misery. The kid who always gave him snacks, who treated his wounds, who'd read books with him.

"Now that we found each other, we can finally be together." Karina said.

Jungkook's eyes got teary and then he stood up then hugged Karina from behind.

Then Karina smiled so much, shameless with the lies she just blurted out.

"I miss you." Jungkook said.

Meanwhile, Lisa happened to pass by and saw this.

She watched as Karina stood up and both of them embraced each other.

She saw the two half hearts on the table and she knew exactly what was going on and she knew why Karina was doing what she was doing.

She felt a lump in her throat, she was supposed to be the girl smiling in front of Jungkook.

It should be her hugging him.

If anything, she was his childhood friend, she was that kid who treated his wounds not physically but also emotionally.

That full desperation is still part of her feelings.

She clenched her fists and walked away.

Her tears falling.

After their hug, Karina smiled happily as she walked inside the house.

Then she saw her mother sitting on the couch and crossing her legs.

"Why were you hugging that bodyguard?" Their mother asked her casually.

"Eomma.."

"Karina, is it right for the homeowner to hug one of the bodyguards?",

"Don't you get it? I like him to be mine."

"You've got to be kidding me, you are still young Karina..there are other plenty fishes on the sea."

"Eomma...he's the only one..he is trustworthy, fully dedicated to his job and very hardworking, he also saved me from the pool accident..he could protect me...your daughter has finally found someone special for once in her life!" Karina poured out all her feelings.

"I don't want you to get attached then get heartbroken due to the temporariness..you've gotta marry him if you must or else it will ruin our family image."

Karina fell silent.

She imagined herself in a white dress walking down the aisle towards the man she wanted.

Jungkook is wearing a white tuxedo with his lean and masculine build.

It didn't matter, she was already 22 years old.

She was ready for it so she could boast to her friends that at least she already has someone.

She smiled.

"I will marry him." Karina said

|End of Chapter |